ADVERTISEMENT

If OU joined the SEC...

HerculesRockefeller

Sooner starter
Aug 26, 2014
Free the V
I think that would be the catalyst to destroy the Big XII permanently. There's no way the Big XII could realistically remain intact while losing OU, Mizzou, Nebraska, and Texas A&M. I got to thinking how it would shake out for the other members in the conference. In this thought experiment, no team goes from Power 5 conf to non Power 5 conf. Basically there are 64 P5 teams today, and there would be 64 after realignment. Just 4 conferences instead of 5 that hold those teams. I have OU/OSU going to the SEC. All 4 Texas schools in the PAC-12. Add access to Texas recruiting and tv markets. Plus you make travel easier on all the schools along the eastern edge. KU is a fit for the Big Ten. I have no idea where the Big Ten would go after adding KU. Seems like it would be K-State or Iowa State. Iowa State has better academics but already has Iowa. KSU is an agg school with a decent football program. For sake of ushering in KU, we'll say they add KSU. Then the ACC would grab West Virginia (think they are a good fit regionally with Pittsburgh, Louisville, Virginia, and Virginia Tech already there). Iowa State would be left as the 16th team for the ACC. Probably not going to happen but I think that is the most realistic way if all 4 Power conferences want 16 teams. So to summarize: OU and OSU to the SEC. Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, and Baylor to the PAC-12. West Virginia and Iowa State to the ACC. Kansas & K-State to the Big Ten. Thoughts? Seems a little far fetched, maybe.

Reactions: toadfrog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News