ADVERTISEMENT

I watched some games from 2000 these last two weekends.

Sooner5900

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2001
First, let me say, I got into watching football around 1996 when I was about 14 years old. My best friends mom had season tickets so she also got us seats going into that 1996 season (Huggie Bear was gonna turn us around loooool) .....Tickets were super cheap then. I had never seen OU as a winning program at that point, only heard about it from my dad and grandparents. I went to all those games in 1996, 1997 and 1998 and I fell in love with a losing program.

I went to the 1999 home opener....and oh my God..... I thought we were gonna win the NC that year!! I had never seen a blowout win like that, hell, I had hardly seen any wins at all!! So that Indiana State game was insane!!! I thought I was in love with OU football before that point, but I was wrong. I've been obsessed since then.

I don't know why it is, but some of the OU players in the 1999-2000 range will always be my favorite players, maybe its because I was a kid? Nostalgia or something? My favorite players wore numbers 10 and 20.

So I watched the KSU game, NU game (Still the best game I ever attended), FSU, aTm, and UTEP over the last two weeks. And I realized just how good 10 and 20 were. I knew they were good when I was 16-18yo, but I didn't fully appreciate just how good they REALLY were. It almost makes me sad watching these games with Calmus and Marshall knowing weve never had a pair of LBers like that since then. Weve had good ones like Lofton, but it wasn't a duo.

There was a play in the FSU game where 10 and 20 both hit the RB coming through the hole at the same time and it was f****** amazing!! They hit people, they tackled people - and I miss that. Hopefully Grinch can get us back to a respectable level of defense, and maybe, just maybe, we'll eventually see another duo like 10 and 20. Those two guys were soo much fun to watch.

I also noticed that Heupel ran more than I ever remembered. I think Heupel moved better in the pocket and made more plays with his feet than any QB weve had until Baker and Kyler came along.
Thats all. I just wanted to ramble on about 10 and 20 and how great they were.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News