ADVERTISEMENT

I was pleased to finally see some serious contribution from

Wondering what the heck is up with Lamb & Sermon. Anyone ?

I'm going to credit Riley in appraising Anderson as the hot hand (or legs) at RB. I am confused by the musical chairs at RB, but we keep getting production there.

On the flip side, I'm also guessing Sermon essentially got benched for not making that first Wildcat run...which Riley then had to run 2 more times to prove it wasn't his playcall, but the "uncommitted" player. He proved something all right....

I don't get the criticism of Riley or any of the RBs over their play. We came into this season with almost zero in experience from the RBs. Now, some want to be critical of the coaches and players over the use of them. That makes no sense to me.

Also, as I recall, in the pre-season many on this board put Adams down as pretty much a non-entity at RB. He was thought of as a bust. Wrong!

Adams is going to turn out to be a very good RB at OU. So, if you were one of those who put Adams down before the season started then you have no business being critical of Sermon ... plus, where does any OU fan be critical of a true Freshman who has played way above what any of us thought of him, pre-season. I never thought of him as a contributor and actually thought he would RS this year. He has been a huge surprise to me. And, I think he is going to be a great one.

Anderson, is the one I was surprised about at the start of the season. I thought he would be the one to see the field first. I thought he would shake off the rust pretty quick. That was wrong as it took him half of the season to get ready to play.

My thought is that we really have four RBs that are all damn good and we are going to need all four of them to win out. Now, who do you credit for that? Well in my book you credit the coaches. Boulware and Riley both deserve a little credit for bringing all these kids up to speed.

Regardless, they sure don't deserve to be criticized for their work in bringing the 2017 RB corp together and getting the most out of them. Just think back to the first year Mixon came back from a full year off. It took him a little over half of the season to get most of his game back.

Reactions: Oklabama
Jones, Anderson, Lampkin, even Mead. I know I'm leaving out a few on both sides.

Wondering what the heck is up with Lamb & Sermon. Anyone ?

There isn't anything wrong with Lamb and Sermon. Lamb is playing with a shoulder injury and probably should have been held out of the Texas game. Sermon, for a true freshman has been a real asset for the coaches.

Reactions: iasooner1
I don't get the criticism of Riley or any of the RBs over their play. We came into this season with almost zero in experience from the RBs. Now, some want to be critical of the coaches and players over the use of them. That makes no sense to me.

Also, as I recall, in the pre-season many on this board put Adams down as pretty much a non-entity at RB. He was thought of as a bust. Wrong!

Adams is going to turn out to be a very good RB at OU. So, if you were one of those who put Adams down before the season started then you have no business being critical of Sermon ... plus, where does any OU fan be critical of a true Freshman who has played way above what any of us thought of him, pre-season. I never thought of him as a contributor and actually thought he would RS this year. He has been a huge surprise to me. And, I think he is going to be a great one.

Anderson, is the one I was surprised about at the start of the season. I thought he would be the one to see the field first. I thought he would shake off the rust pretty quick. That was wrong as it took him half of the season to get ready to play.

My thought is that we really have four RBs that are all damn good and we are going to need all four of them to win out. Now, who do you credit for that? Well in my book you credit the coaches. Boulware and Riley both deserve a little credit for bringing all these kids up to speed.

Regardless, they sure don't deserve to be criticized for their work in bringing the 2017 RB corp together and getting the most out of them. Just think back to the first year Mixon came back from a full year off. It took him a little over half of the season to get most of his game back.

I agree. The only disappointment I have is the OL play. I thought they would be more consistent. Other than that I believe the young guys have exceeded expectations on the offensive side of the ball especially the running backs. Injuries have slowed down a couple of really good ones though. Nothing can be done about that.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT