ADVERTISEMENT

I hope Dillon Gabriel...

It’s opinion. More than likely DG would have been our starting qb if he came back but he felt it was time for a change.

Reactions: Oklabama
DG likely would have been the starter if he came back. Maybe since he and JA are buds he moved on to clear the way for JA to be the guy next yr.
Maybe.
My man, Dillon moving on was obvious because of Jackson. Love Dillon, he's a baller, but it's Jackson time. I can't wait!

Is this fact or opinion? I haven't seen anything mentioned about any such promises.
The talking heads on a few radio stations and podcasts for OU have said this. Is it in print somewhere? I don't know. I have heard this though from several sources not just board members.

The talking heads on a few radio stations and podcasts for OU have said this. Is it in print somewhere? I don't know. I have heard this though from several sources not just board members.
I think a lot of that was speculation and it spread all over the internet. Sometimes if things are repeated enough some people will say its fact. If it was true I can't find any evidence of that being the case that there were promises made.
I don't know, I think DG moved on so his bud JA could be the guy next yr. Likely never will know for sure.

Is this fact or opinion? I haven't seen anything mentioned about any such promises.
Here you are talking about opinions? I'd call that ironic.

What is said publicly is about as reliable in situations like this, as what we hear about injuries. There is some information that we're entitled to.. Some we're not. This is kind of like the public information law in Texas. Public entities are required to be open in all information, except as it pertains to personnel matters. Then, they can keep stuff to themselves. They even are allowed to intentionally misspeak. When it comes to matters like these, we hear misspeak from just about every coach, including ours.

And I don't blame them. In the recruitment of Jackson Arnold, we had a returning quality quarterback whom I guarentee you, JA was told he be here one more season. That he could learn from for a year and then the job would have to be earned, but it would be his to lose. Otherwise, he'd never have come to OU.

Here you are talking about opinions? I'd call that ironic.
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
I asked a simple GD question if it was your opinion or fact, fact meaning did you see it somewhere in an official capacity that you could share?
What the hell has gotten into some of you guys around here?

Oh I get it, I guess my Stutsman post made you make water too.
So fragile.

Last edited:
My man, Dillon moving on was obvious because of Jackson. Love Dillon, he's a baller, but it's Jackson time. I can't wait!
Or, maybe something more like DG believes he can improve his draft position by playing another year, Lebby is gone, and an opportunity came up to go work with the guys that produced Bo Nix. How much do you think Bo's draft position improved by his extra year out there?

Or, maybe something more like DG believes he can improve his draft position by playing another year, Lebby is gone, and an opportunity came up to go work with the guys that produced Bo Nix. How much do you think Bo's draft position improved by his extra year out there?
bingo-cousin-eddie.gif

Glad he is going to Oregon and not USC. Not sure anyone would be happy had he done that. Speaking of Oregon, there are still many hard feelings from fans over the onside kick call and hate the Ducks. I actually like them as it wasnt the players or coaches fault the officiating crew screwed it up.

Hope DG has a great year and OU meets them in a bowl. I don’t have issues with those on the “Gabriel isnt great” opinions as we all have them. QBs are the most critisized evaluated players on the field. Its just a part of the game.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT