ADVERTISEMENT

I Have a Good Feeling About This One

OU will have to depend on its offense to win this game. 40-plus points may be necesssary to win for either team.

OU will have to depend on its offense to win this game. 40-plus points may be necesssary to win for either team.
I think you are right. But knowing Ohio State lost several from their secondary from last years team going to the NFL, and also seeing them give up a good chunk of yards against Indiana last weekend, I think OU can put up a good number of points on them. I have no doubt Ohio States talent in their secondary will end up being ridiculously good in the future, but OU is getting them at a good time right now with them being very green.

The stats from last year show a much closer game than the score might indicate. Mayfield's 2 interceptions resulted in 14 Buckeye points. If we play a clean game this one goes down to the wire.

Reactions: iasooner1
Owen it was like 42-17 early 3rd quarter. If anything the final score didn't indicate just how much they dominated us. I think this one will be closer

Most say the game will go as the battle goes between our offensive line and their defensive line. I see it the other way. If our defensive line can't win some battles with their o-line, we'll be in for a long night..... just like last year.

And Mayfield can't try to play hero, as he did last year.

Most say the game will go as the battle goes between our offensive line and their defensive line. I see it the other way. If our defensive line can't win some battles with their o-line, we'll be in for a long night..... just like last year.

And Mayfield can't try to play hero, as he did last year.
Agree 100%. I don't know what to expect from OU's defensive line...which must contain OSU's ruining game.

Middle linebacker scares the hell out of me. That first drive by UTEP is still giving me nightmares of Ohio St. running backs shredding the defense.

As long as the defense gets into a groove...they can contain the Buckeyes offensive attack...which is run heavy unlike last year. No shutout would be expected.

Reactions: iasooner1
Are you still having the same feelings. I hope so. Go SOONERS.

Still have the same feeling. We may not win it but they are going to know they've been in a dog fight.

I know we have defensive issues, but I honestly cannot remember our offense being as crisp on opening day as they were against UTEP. Yes it was UTEP, but the execution was excellent IMO.

I think Riley will look to Andrews and the quick passing game to back them off early and get Baker zoned in. Get humming early to open up the run and we can outscore them.

Force JT to win through the air and the scales tip heavily in our favor. Gallimore, Thomas, Parker and Kelly make me much more confident this year.

Attitude often carries Baker's boys and you can bet your ass there's a chip on their shoulder big as a redwood.

My gut is tied in knots, it is really painful.

The reason my gut is tied in knots is because one minutes I think we win and the next minute I come up with some reason we lose. So, I have no clue as to the outcome of the game. What I do know is that OU is in a better place this year than last year.

True, Dede is catching passes in the NFL. Both Perine and Mixon are carrying the ball in the NFL. In spite of all that, I think this OU team is in a much better place both mentally and physically. We are solid at a few spots on both sides of the ball. Our OL is much better than at this time last year. We are very good and very deep. We are a light year ahead in the OL area. I think Baker is in a better spot as well. We don't have established stars at WR or RB. What we do have is lots of depth that is full of kids who have been in this program for some time and are eager to get to play. We are solid at TE with both Andrews and the freshman Calcaterra. I think Riley will have some puzzles for the Ohio State DC.

I'm less optimistic on the defensive side. Losing Parker was a blow to the CB depth. Another injury and we are playing true freshmen with little experience. Without injury our secondary should be better over last year. We also don't have the DT/DE injuries that plagued us all of the 2015 season. We are relying on a true freshman at the MIke spot and that is a worry. I hope Mike and Ruffin have done their homework.

On Lampkin, I just don't have any confidence in the guy. He is a great talent, but has proven to be without work ethic. He didn't play last year because he was out of shape and the same applies to him today. I doubt the defensive coaches trust him. I sure don't. trust him.

Anyway, I think we have a really good shot. At the worst I think the game will be much closer than last year.

Time of Possession is going to decide the game, in my opinion. If our D is on the field for 20 minutes in the first half, even if we are in the game at half, we will be out of energy and get beat double digits. If we are even in TOP, I think we win, because we are still going to have some quick scores.

I have OU +7 for $100. My annual bet with my best and oldest friend. He got to select the game this year, and it's always a give or take bet against the spread. I picked the Sooners. He got here last night from Lubbock, and is smiling as I post. Do you think I have a chance?

BTW, we alternate visits every year and it is always whenever the "picker" decides what game we bet. Now don't tell him I am posting this but I haven't lost but two times when we get together in Lubbock. And that was goes back to when John Blake's squad upset Tech in Lubbock with Stephen Alexander in 1997. LOL

Last edited:
One of these days Ohio State will beat a top-5 ranked non-conference opponent at the Shoe.

But for now, it looks like they are going to be 0-6-1 (or worse) against those teams - until the spell ends...

Say hello to the probable new #2 ranked team. This win is definitely the best one this season thus far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT