ADVERTISEMENT

I don't see any reason to criticise OU players who gave all they could in the RRR to get the win

Don't get me wrong I am soooooo happy we won this game, however for years and years OU always has more injuries than the other team. I'm not saying they are faking, but is being soft a possibility? I mean there is no way it's just being unlucky year after year.

Don't get me wrong I am soooooo happy we won this game, however for years and years OU always has more injuries than the other team. I'm not saying they are faking, but is being soft a possibility? I mean there is no way it's just being unlucky year after year.
Why do you think animals and people look for the shade. I was hot just looking at it.:D

With a Sunsetter Awning we could have made it 20 degrees cooler!
sunsetter-awnings.jpg

My only criticism is Mike Stoops not putting someone on the RB coming out on screens. ISU killed us with the same play and Texas did the same. Players get A’s for their effort. Was a great RRR game.

Reactions: iasooner1

Your idea that OU has more injuries than other teams is just a figment of your imagination and certainly not fact.

For example, Texas has lost multiple OL this year. I think they were playing without one of their best RBs. Injuries are just a part of this game.

Parker was cramping up. He wasn't cramping up due to being soft. He was cramping up because he was giving his all in 93 degree heat that was likely much higher on the Cotton Bowl field. Same with Obo. Obo put every drop of energy on the field. You look at that kid and tell us you think he is soft?

You don't get tree trunks for arms by being soft and lazy. You get them by slaving in the weight room day after day and year after year.

Reactions: iasooner1
No one has issues with either team's effort in yesterday's game. Why even mention it ?

He's throwing darts in an attempt to deflect criticism of Mike Stoops. I personally have not read any post from any poster that criticized any OU player.

Cough'em up Bull... show me these posts criticizing the players.

Reactions: BillyRay
Roy it was a question, don't get your panties in a wad. And as stated it just didn't apply to this game only.

"Don't get me wrong I am soooooo happy we won this game, however for years and years OU always has more injuries than the other team. I'm not saying they are faking, but is being soft a possibility? I mean there is no way it's just being unlucky year after year"

The above in red, bold, italics and underlined is the exact words you used and that phrase is what I responded to. If you don't want to get a response then don't make obviously false statements.

So, perhaps, you are the one with the wadded up panties. You have a history of these histrionics.

It's my opinion at times we are a little soft. You think the opposite. Obviously it doesn't apply to every player. We can agree to disagree

In spite of the games we've played, and the track we've laid, this still seems 'Early in the Season' to me. IMO, we are a work in progress...Players need toughening up, tightening up, and the Coaching Staff lacks some cohesiveness, as well. We have some improvements to make, some lessons to learn, and probably not enough time to do it, to reach OUr goals for this season...

I had a lot of worry at the end there continuing to play guys that were almost worthless (Obo and Parker). It made for a emotional ending to have your leaders out there fighting, but when you think about it with rationale, it seems dumb. Obo was being asked just to chase the QB on every play. We couldn't put ANYONE with fresh legs out there to do that job? And Parker was back as a safety net. We couldn't find ANYONE with fresh wheels to be back there? Parker wouldn't have been able to chase down a 15yo beagle if it had gotten into the backfield. These seemed like some bold, risky moves to me.

OU always has more injuries than the other team. I'm not saying they are faking, but is being soft a possibility? I.
Your idea that OU has more injuries than other teams is just a figment of your imagination and certainly not fact.

For example, Texas has lost multiple OL this year. I think they were playing without one of their best RBs. Injuries are just a part of this game.

Parker was cramping up. He wasn't cramping up due to being soft. He was cramping up because he was giving his all in 93 degree heat that was likely much higher on the Cotton Bowl field. Same with Obo. Obo put every drop of energy on the field. You look at that kid and tell us you think he is soft?

You don't get tree trunks for arms by being soft and lazy. You get them by slaving in the weight room day after day and year after year.

Perfect reply

Last edited:
"Don't get me wrong I am soooooo happy we won this game, however for years and years OU always has more injuries than the other team. I'm not saying they are faking, but is being soft a possibility? I mean there is no way it's just being unlucky year after year"

The above in red, bold, italics and underlined is the exact words you used and that phrase is what I responded to. If you don't want to get a response then don't make obviously false statements.

So, perhaps, you are the one with the wadded up panties. You have a history of these histrionics.

+1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT