ADVERTISEMENT

How many points will it take for a W against Bama?

I would think 45.

BUT ... if you had told me that the Sooners would hold Texas to 27 point in the conference championship game, i would not have believed you.

So perhaps the defense will come through with another great performance.

Remember ... they have one month to continually hear about how bad they are and how they will fail. It may make them mad and produce some results.

I hope so, anyway.

Last edited:
The party line coming from the talking heads is “Alabama will score 100 on that defense.”
I swear I’ve heard this 100 times already.

A couple of points on this:
1) Clearly, these dingbats have no originality and just repeat what they hear.
2) Are ‘Bama TDs worth more, like 10 instead of 7? Nothing says trying to push an agenda more than blatant exaggeration.
3) I guess we better score 101!!

Reactions: iasooner1
I am going Sooners 45-39. Bama’s kicker is not good and feel Kyler can shine bright. Bama can go suck it. Anointed the best in world playing that crap schedule?

Thats actually the score I have it being. I really do believe OU will beat Bama. Get ready though if Tua doesnt play the excuses will come left and right from the media.

I am seeing a lot of bama fans saying they will score 70 plus on our D but I am with Pryor and KC. I think bama will want to slow the game way down and will try and keep the offense off the field. They don't want to get into a shootout unless necessary.
Could very well be a replay of the Georgia game last year though.
If we win by one point I don't care if its 82 to 81.

If Tua can't go, this will play into Bama's hands since Jalen Hurts is a runner. I could see very few pass attempts by Bama if OU struggles to stop the run, creating another Army scenario. However, I still think Bama's offense is closer to Texas since Bama doesn't run the triple option.

Reactions: kcstorm06
I am seeing a lot of bama fans saying they will score 70 plus on our D but I am with Pryor and KC. I think bama will want to slow the game way down and will try and keep the offense off the field. They don't want to get into a shootout unless necessary.
Could very well be a replay of the Georgia game last year though.
If we win by one point I don't care if its 82 to 81.

If Tua does not play, the 70 pts goes out the window. Saban started Tua over Hurts for a reason.... the passing game. Tua is a Heisman candidate. Hurts is not. They will be a different team. If OU gets up 14 pts on Bama, they'll be forced to start throwing. Hurts is not near as accurate as Tua. This game changes big time if Tua doesn't play and play healthy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT