ADVERTISEMENT

How does Holgerson keep his job at WVU?

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
Man, the Mountaineers looked awful against the Miami D last night. They started out playing well on both sides of the ball, but after the first quarter, it was all Miami after that. WVU could not get anything going on offense and Miami's QB, Kaaya, was incredibly cold in the first half. After halftime, he got warmed up kick started the Cans offense while the D smothered the Mountaineers.

I know a 10-win season is good, but the Mountaineer fans and program deserve someone who can get them to the next level. I'm not convinced Holgerson is that guy.

A 10-3 season and an 8-5 season help, but a Big 12 conference record of 22-23 leaves a lot to be desired if I'm a West Virginia fan.
West Virginia was winning much more prior to Holgorson's arrival.

Reactions: iasooner1
A 10-3 season and an 8-5 season help, but a Big 12 conference record of 22-23 leaves a lot to be desired if I'm a West Virginia fan.
West Virginia was winning much more prior to Holgorson's arrival.

They had a nice run with Rich Rod and Pat White at QB, including spanking our bottoms in the Fiesta, but their grind in the Big Least was easy even compared to a watered down Big XII.

Closer to home...did Bob encourage Venables to leave? And back on point - how many did Mikey's D give up to tOSU, at home? And Bob thinks its just silly that people are calling for Mike's head.

And speaking of UWV, I'm bracing for that kind of bowl let down like we had against them in our bowl match-up in 2008. Unless our team has a chip on its shoulder, Bob seldom seems to get the team up for the bowl. Vs FSU in '00 and Bama '13 we weren't given a chance in either. Is the team up for Aubie?

Reactions: iasooner1
Closer to home...did Bob encourage Venables to leave? And back on point - how many did Mikey's D give up to tOSU, at home? And Bob thinks its just silly that people are calling for Mike's head.

And speaking of UWV, I'm bracing for that kind of bowl let down like we had against them in our bowl match-up in 2008. Unless our team has a chip on its shoulder, Bob seldom seems to get the team up for the bowl. Vs FSU in '00 and Bama '13 we weren't given a chance in either. Is the team up for Aubie?

Same fans were calling for Venable's head every time things didn't go just right too. Our fans are so unreallistic with there expectations that we collectively have cried wolf too many times. Stoops doesn't and shouldn't listen to a word that the fan base says as it relates to staff.

Same fans were calling for Venable's head every time things didn't go just right too. Our fans are so unreallistic with there expectations that we collectively have cried wolf too many times. Stoops doesn't and shouldn't listen to a word that the fan base says as it relates to staff.

td, You are correct sir. And no worries about Stoops listening to the fan base. Any coach worth their salt easily turns a deaf ear to those who seem to think they can do a better job.

They should listen to me, dammit!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT