ADVERTISEMENT

High School Football team...name your favorite.....

Yep, thanks for taking me down memory lane there 'bama.

I can't believe I'm dredging up all this ancient history...maybe it's the 2000 milligrams of fish oil a day...

As to the Ike unis...that baby blue crap did POP somehow. It's a mystery.:cool:

If I remember correctly, Ike was the visitor and worn the whites. The helmets were white and had a triple stripe of baby blue and red. The pants had the same stripes down the side. Boy they looked good in the blue and red. Am I right?? We worn navy jerseys and navy pants with a white helmet. If Penn State had worn navy pants....that's the look we had. Boring and not many teams back then didn't wear white pants. It wasn't a popular choice for our senior year. LOL

Probably shouldn't put his name out there but he coaches defense. The head coach is also from my hometown

Reactions: BillyRay
Bert Graham was one of my assistant coaches at Star Spencer. When he became head coach at Stroud, Bert took our offense with him and won a lot of games there. He was one mean SOB on the field but a great guy and well liked. If you didn't give 100%, you paid for it. So, pssooner, did you play for Bert at Stroud?
No sir! I played for him at Bixby, last year I played football, my soph. year. we went 15-1 that year lost to seminole in the state finals!

If I remember correctly, Ike was the visitor and worn the whites. The helmets were white and had a triple stripe of baby blue and red. The pants had the same stripes down the side. Boy they looked good in the blue and red. Am I right?? We worn navy jerseys and navy pants with a white helmet. If Penn State had worn navy pants....that's the look we had. Boring and not many teams back then didn't wear white pants. It wasn't a popular choice for our senior year. LOL

You're quite right about the road whites.
You've jogged my memory again in recalling how muddy those white unis got in the bog that was that natural grass field. It was just a bummer in every respect.
Lost the game, cold, miserable, and our team looked like they had immersed themselves into the hogwaller.

Ah, good times...:)

I want a do over!

Reactions: K2C Sooner
You're quite right about the road whites.
You've jogged my memory again in recalling how muddy those white unis got in the bog that was that natural grass field. It was just a bummer in every respect.
Lost the game, cold, miserable, and our team looked like they had immersed themselves into the hogwaller.

Ah, good times...:)

I want a do over!

I don't know if you can get your guys ready to play, but I know we couldn't get our guys ready to play. I will speak for the Bobcats.....you win the rematch. Easy for me. I missed the entire season with knee surgery. haha Besides, none of us could get into our uniforms now.

No sir! I played for him at Bixby, last year I played football, my soph. year. we went 15-1 that year lost to seminole in the state finals!

I didn't know that Bert coached at Bixby. 15-1 is a great season. I know what its like to be on the losing end of a state title. Bert died about 4 years ago and there was a memorial service for him at Stroud High School where he coached multiple state championship teams.

Wichita Falls Coyotes. One of the most storied programs in Tx. HS football. They have won 6 or 7 state championships at the highest level in their storied history. My middle son was all-district on their 1986 team that went to the qtr. finals running, if you can believe it, the single wing. I am too lazy to look up the exact # of championships

I have to pick the Midwest City Bombers as my favorite. My son graduated from MCHS and played on the 1985 state championship football team. The happiest years of my life were watching my son play football from grade school through high school with just about all the same kids, who ended up winning the big prize. Good memories.

My favorite team is the team that I coach in northeast Nebraska. Cedar Catholic Trojans. We are in the smallest 11 man class in Nebraska. 17 straight years in the state playoffs with 3 appearances in the state finals. I love high school football. It is so much fun to watch these kids grow over four years, and the journey with them throughout the season is priceless.

BillyRay....I think you told me that you went to junior high at Del Crest and I graduated from Kerr Junior High when Del Crest was in its first or second year. Since you lived that near DCHS, you must be quite a bit younger than me since back when I was at Kerr, everyone living near the high school went to Kerr. I knew a lot kids living near your neighbor and went to school with them for three years before moving into the Star Spencer school district (OKC). That was back in the early 60's. Funny thing is I received an invitation from the DCHS Class of 1965 50th Year Class Reunion last month. I've kept in close contact with a few of the kids I went to school with and attended their 25th class reunion in 1990. We had a great time, but this year the for 50th, alcohol isn't going to be permitted. LOL Geez, I'm old but not dead. I'm going to pass this time. Go Eagles!!

Dang I didn't know that about Kerr and Del Crest being different back then. Asked my dad and you are right. My dad moved to OKC and lived in the same house I grew up in. He said he finished Jr High at Kerr before going to HS at Del City. You were just a few years after my dad. He graduated from DCHS in 1961. But yup 30 years later I went to Del Crest when living at the same place. I only know a couple of people from high school. It's why I haven't even bothered going back for class reunions. That's odd they wouldn't permit alcohol. That won't go over well at all. Lol

Reactions: Oklabama
Dang I didn't know that about Kerr and Del Crest being different back then. Asked my dad and you are right. My dad moved to OKC and lived in the same house I grew up in. He said he finished Jr High at Kerr before going to HS at Del City. You were just a few years after my dad. He graduated from DCHS in 1961. But yup 30 years later I went to Del Crest when living at the same place. I only know a couple of people from high school. It's why I haven't even bothered going back for class reunions. That's odd they wouldn't permit alcohol. That won't go over well at all. Lol

BillyRay, I was at Kerr in '61 and ran around, in and out of your neighborhood (I must have because we used to walk all the streets within a couple of miles of DCHS). Back then it was normal for the DCHS jocks to do whatever they could to scare the shit out us Kerr jocks walking the streets and wearing our junior high letter jackets to Sunnylane Bowling Ally where everyone hung out. It was all in fun though. Heck, your dad may have even chased us a few times.

Last edited:
Lewisville Fighting Farmers! To many high schools in the Dallas Ft Worth area!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT