ADVERTISEMENT

Hey plaino, I have a question.......

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
I don't have your memory. Did both Tinker Owens and Billy Brooks make the All-America team the same year?

Seems to me they did on a wishbone team. Of course, anyone else that has the answer can chime in............

Any memories on these two great receivers?

I don't have your memory. Did both Tinker Owens and Billy Brooks make the All-America team the same year?

Seems to me they did on a wishbone team. Of course, anyone else that has the answer can chime in............

Any memories on these two great receivers?

It's a worthy question, but it's also the old Post #20,000 Squander Trick. Goes back to the days of Nero. Plaino is too smart to fall for this. ;)

It's a worthy question, but it's also the old Post #20,000 Squander Trick. Goes back to the days of Nero. Plaino is too smart to fall for this. ;)

Fitty, you remind me of old great friend that used to drive the parking lot at the local American Legion. You never had to worry about when your tag was due. He would leave sticky notes on your windshields.

You are our official post counters poster..............LOL

Let me know when I get to 4000..............JJ

Yes, I know...
Actually, I pioneered something that is still going on.
Back in the 70s I worked downtown Tulsa for extra Christmas bucks one season. I had a free parking spot but every time I saw someones meter that had expired I'd plug it a quarter.
Some fat meter girl asked me once if that was my car, "Of course" I replied.

Nope, neither were unanimous or consensus.
If you recall, they may have been dissed just by virtue of the gaudy number of All Americans we had in 1975, which was 8 or 9.
It was just sick. (same for 1974, we were bad to the (wish) bone)
They were both All-Americans along with Lee Roy and Dewey, Elrod, Washington, Vaughan and Webb....that's eight.

I can close my eyes and still see Billy Brooks running that reverse against Michigan in the Orange Bowl - what a great call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT