ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit likes him some OU this year...

yeah...I like the idea of flying under the radar. Some good comments especially about Bob being humiliated last year...I totally agree with that.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I'm not sure if a program like OU is ever really considered under the radar. Herbstreit has always been a big supporter of OU. He has been kinda quiet on OU in recent years for obvious reasons, but no doubt the guy thinks highly of Bob Stoops

Reactions: JConXtsy
I'm not sure if a program like OU is ever really considered under the radar. Herbstreit has always been a big supporter of OU. He has been kinda quiet on OU in recent years for obvious reasons, but no doubt the guy thinks highly of Bob Stoops
Nobody is talking about OU or Texas so I would say both are under the radar this year and potentially very very dangerous.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Just because the national media isn't talking about OU doesn't mean OU will be under the radar. The teams on OUs schedlue know very well that Bob Stoops is one of the most accomplished coaches in all of the college football and know very well to expect OU to be a legit opponent every single year.

I believe Phil Steele had us pretty high and there was indeed a national thinking that we would be in contention for a NC. Weren't we ranked in the top 5 in the preseason last year?

Reactions: BillyRay
Outside of a few on this board, who predicted OU would win the MNC? I don't recall anyone on a national level picking OU to win or to even make the four-team playoff.

Schoonerman, I think you're right. But, weren't we ranked #4 when we played Tennessee last year. I don't recall anyone predicting OU to win the natty, but we were expected to be a top 5......a lot of that was based on the Sugar Bowl win. Heck, didn't almost all of us expect us to have a real chance? I sure did.

Was Herbie drunk making some of those predictions?

Agreed. We're predicted to finish third in the B12 by everyone else, but Herbie has us as one of his four playoff teams! We're fortunate to get a preseason #19 rating, so instead of getting this kind of preseason love, can't we fly under the radar for a while and work our way up the rankings?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT