ADVERTISEMENT

Helmet to helmet hit

sooners49

Sooner commitment
Oct 11, 2017
Broken Arrow
I was talking to a young man at church today who is a Div.II official and asked him about the hit and he said it was the right call.I told him I thought it was a bad call but he said if you lead with your shoulder that is also an illegal hit.I think the reviews should be in real time not slo mo just like the official sees it.It totally changes the "look" of the play.He also said the gunned up official and his crew were highly regarded in the business.I told him it sure seems like his crew are flag happy but I guess we just have to deal with it.

Reactions: iasooner1
I was talking to a young man at church today who is a Div.II official and asked him about the hit and he said it was the right call.I told him I thought it was a bad call but he said if you lead with your shoulder that is also an illegal hit.I think the reviews should be in real time not slo mo just like the official sees it.It totally changes the "look" of the play.He also said the gunned up official and his crew were highly regarded in the business.I told him it sure seems like his crew are flag happy but I guess we just have to deal with it.
Highly regarded enough to have been the crew who did the national championship game last year. JMO, but they're the one group in this league who I personally am hands down the most comfortable with. Do they make a call here & there that I don't necessarily agree with? Sure, but by and large, they get it right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT