ADVERTISEMENT

Hello, boys...

I learned cars rust at Homestead AFB in south Florida. I grew up in southwest Oklahoma in the heart of the Comancheria.

A park ranger told a young woman in a bikini to cover up at Key Biscayne. 7 years later the beach was littered with dental floss bikinis. How things have changed.

And most of us favorite drinks were the Singapore Sling.

How I miss Royal Castle hamburgers. Long gone I understand.

Well, we seriously thought about attending the Orange Bowl, since we could have guaranteed that our Sooners would not lose that game tonight! But...$100 for standing room only was a bit much to watch the Wolverines kick FSU's booty! Besides, you know that the Criminoles would have not been happy to see me in the crowd!!! Hehehe...last time I saw them play in that stadium, they lost the national championship! ❤

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Happy New Year to you, too, Schoonerman!!! I hope you & the Mrs are doing well!

Things are always fine when AZ & I spend a week in south Florida! We even drove by to see the Donald, but his entourage said we weren't on the guest list.

Reactions: iasooner1
I went to the Orange Bowl to watch University of Detroit play Miami in Detroit's last year fielding a football team. My USAF ID bought me an end zone ticket for 50 cents. I watched the game from the 38 yard line.

How I miss the Ocean Cove in Coral Gables. The cave was black lit so one always prayed his date wore a white blouse, so to see through it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT