ADVERTISEMENT

Heisman

Good for Williams he was the #1 player in his class for a reason. Riley now has 3 Heisman qb's and almost a 4th. So thats more Heisman winners than Conference Championships as a head coach. That's a headscratcher to me.

Well, CW isn't a Sooner, so I'll just be happy for him and move on. But when HE WAS a Sooner, this was the greatest "karma's a bitcch" moment ever. The Horn fans mocking Sooner fans, chanting "WE WANT CALEB", then crapping their pants later that day and had it running down both legs, whimpering like little beaten pups.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
Well, CW isn't a Sooner, so I'll just be happy for him and move on. But when HE WAS a Sooner, this was the greatest "karma's a bitcch" moment ever. The Horn fans chanting "WE WANT CALEB", then crapping their pants later that day and had it running down both legs, whimpering like little beaten pups.

Hard to believe horn couldn't come up with the down payment.

As much as I dislike both Riley and Williams this is why he will continue to get the top QBs. I have no clue how much of it is Riley or is it just that the H winning QBs he had to work with have just been special talented players.

Would CW have put up those same stats under Lebby? I think he would have honestly. If you watched USC this year Williams talent extended plays quite often. OU didnt have that in Gabriel. I think they will with Jackson Arnold if he holds his commitment to OU.

Out of the H-4 I think Williams had to be the obvious choice though. Good for him but Riley can eat shit.

Better question would Gabriel have put up those numbers if he played for Riley. Answer is no, Riley had been blessed with great athletes playing QB. He owes all of his success to Baker. Former walk on to Heisman, Riley did have a hand in that, but Baker's will to win had more to do with it than coaching

Better question would Gabriel have put up those numbers if he played for Riley. Answer is no, Riley had been blessed with great athletes playing QB. He owes all of his success to Baker. Former walk on to Heisman, Riley did have a hand in that, but Baker's will to win had more to do with it than coaching
No one can say. If Gabriel played with the same level of talent that Mayfield, Murray, Hurts and Williams had behind them, he may not equal the output of the other three, but he still would win his share of games.

I'm talking about this year. I have a hard time believing that Gabriel is the in New York if he played for Riley at USC this year. Like you said no one knows for sure. I was hoping duggan won it this year.

Never thought he would win the Heisman after that manicure
he was sporting in the Pac 12 championship game. I guess character
and morals don't count anymore. Oh well.

CW is a talent but this was a down year for competition. He plays in a soft defensive league and was not only beat twice by the same Q...he was outplayed. His numbers are what gave him the hardware but what Hooker did in TN and what Bennett did for the Bulldogs was more impressive. If Georgia leaves Stetson in some of those 4th Q blowouts and pads his numbers....who knows.

I'd love to know the number of votes that were cast after the ND win and before the Utah loss. Voting should not open until the Championship games are over

CW is a talent but this was a down year for competition. He plays in a soft defensive league and was not only beat twice by the same Q...he was outplayed. His numbers are what gave him the hardware but what Hooker did in TN and what Bennett did for the Bulldogs was more impressive. If Georgia leaves Stetson in some of those 4th Q blowouts and pads his numbers....who knows.

I'd love to know the number of votes that were cast after the ND win and before the Utah loss. Voting should not open until the Championship games are over
Very true Williams had to play the entire game, plus they play so late that most people probably didn't watch the games, just looked at the stats.

That's a very true statement however; Rattler is developing nicely in the SEC. He's not going to wash out.

He had one good SEC conference game (against Tennessee) and was horrible in the other ones. He could turn out to be like Trevor Knight, when the stars all came into alignment one night against Alabama, and then fade into obscurity.

"Anymore"? Is this your first time watching the Heisman awards? If so, you might want to go back and watch clips of Johnny Manziel, Jameis Winston and quite a few others over the years.
These two you mentioned wouldn't qualify for man of the year, I get that, I was merely
speaking about CW painting his fingernails with F*** U***

He had one good SEC conference game (against Tennessee) and was horrible in the other ones. He could turn out to be like Trevor Knight, when the stars all came into alignment one night against Alabama, and then fade into obscurity.
One thing for shore LV, he will have his second season in the SEC coming soon. We will all see if he is a wash next season. He should know the offensive system and be more comfortable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT