ADVERTISEMENT

Heart

My head says wronghorns, my heart says Tide. I don't care for either team, but I want what is best f

My head says wronghorns, my heart says Tide. I don't care for either team, but I want what is best for OU.
I guess what would definitely be best for the Sooners is just win game's. Upset of the Day prediction: Arkansas State over Ohio State!🤣😁😎

Last edited:
Reactions: OUSOONER67
I hate saying this but the best thing that can happen today is for Tx to beat Bama and KSU beat Mizzou. 10-10 at half of Bama game and Bama defender took Texas starting QB out earlier in the second. That kid looked pretty dang good.

Whorns started celebrating early after the go ahead fg with about a minute and a half to go, bumma marched down the field and put a dagger(winning field goal) into the whorns heart with 15 seconds left on the clock. Game over. Bumma 20 whorns 19. Close but no cigar. 🤣

Saw it coming a mile away when the whorns took the lead, they were celebrating and I said out loud to myself, um bama has about a min and a half and can win with a fg you better focus on that right now. Silly whorns.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Saw it coming a mile away when the whorns took the lead, they were celebrating and I said out loud to myself, um bama has about a min and a half and can win with a fg you better focus on that right now. Silly whorns.
The Wronghorns snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. I laughed out loud.

So, is Texas back? Umm…….not quite yet
Will give Texas credit for putting up a fight. They were screwed out of a safety though. The back ref was so concerned with targeting/roughing the passer he failed to see Young throw the ball away while in the end zone. The ball never got out of the end zone on the throw nor past the scrimmage line which is 100% grounding. And the reversal on the call of targeting/roughing negated the grounding because it was never called originally which it should have been.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Sark and a prevent D with a lead of just 2 was a brilliant move. Never understood why coaches do this crap. The missed sack by Tx with about 35 ticks left was the game killer as Bama QB went down to the 18. That might have been Sarks only good call over the final minute and a half. To bad Tx didnt get the sack but I am sure even if he had Sark would have still found a way to lose the game for his players.

I despise Tx but I hate the SEC even more.

BTW does Texas jump up 10 spots just for playing Bama close? Or does that only apply for SEC teams?

Just kidding but we have seen it happen for SEC teams before where team rised a few spots rather than dropped

Texas showed me that it will provide a tough chore for OU on 10/08.
As of now I agree. Sometimes though games like Bama - Tx just end up being a great game even when two teams might not be as evenly matched as the outcome was.

We will know more about our Sooners and Texas over the next few weeks and it could change our views. However, in general Tx - OU is usually a toss-up.

Will give Texas credit for putting up a fight. They were screwed out of a safety though. The back ref was so concerned with targeting/roughing the passer he failed to see Young throw the ball away while in the end zone. The ball never got out of the end zone on the throw nor past the scrimmage line which is 100% grounding. And the reversal on the call of targeting/roughing negated the grounding because it was never called originally which it should have been.
Yes, unbelievable what I witnessed on that play. 👍

BTW does Texas jump up 10 spots just for playing Bama close? Or does that only apply for SEC teams?

Just kidding but we have seen it happen for SEC teams before where team rised a few spots rather than dropped

Saw it last week when FSU didn't get in the top 25 for winning vs lsu. Had lsu won they would be in the top 25 right now, likely moving in and placed at around 15. We have all seen how it works.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Sometimes though games like Bama - Tx just end up being a great game even when two teams might not be as evenly matched as the outcome was.

Texas went toe-to-toe with eventual national champion LSU in 2019 and finished the season unranked, with five losses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT