ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to say it but I told you so

Nico_Z23

Walk-on candidate
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2023
You know before the Auburn game I had mentioned that Hawk wasn't going to be a saving grace because of how bad this offensive staff is, and well it turned out to be true.

I just have so many questions with how things are ran on the offense. How can you come out of a bye week and look that bad? Let's start with play calling because it was about as worse as it's been all season long. We continue to run baffling plays, we are running an option with Hawk and he looks timid and unsure of what he's supposed to do. We wait till the 4th quarter to attempt more than 3 passes 10 yards or more in length? Did you expect to win by throwing the ball at the line of scrimmage every play? The formations are even worse, running 2 backs in the shotgun with a TE and 2 WR just baffles me man. The plays are predictable, so predictable that Texas brings up their safety's and continue to blitz them with no adjustment or audible. You would think with them cheating up the whole game that would open some things up for us but it just doesn't, like DMAC says there's no swagger and no identity with this offense at all. Also do we even practice on offense?It looks like we're just throwing together a pickup group from the YMCA out there. Hawk played scared, he continued to leave the pocket way before he needed to. I'll probably get hate for this but at least Jackson stays in the pocket and tries to throw the ball more than 10 yards.

I am honestly surprised they didn't put Jackson back in at the 4 minute mark of the 4th Quarter, what else do you have to lose at that point? It's crazy to me how these other programs can have the same issues we do but their offense so much better than ours. Or they can bring a QB in that's never even played and they just light it up. That screams one thing to me and that's bad coaching.

Our LB's and DB's outside of Little Bowen were terrible today. Peyton constantly left his zone in the middle and it opened up for big plays in the middle of the field. He constantly flowed to his left when he didn't need to. Kani couldn't tackle anyone. Vickers looked like he hadn't played a down of football all year and it showed. Texas really didn't look great to me in all honesty, our Offense is just that bad. As bad as Lebby was sometimes (personally costing us 2 games) his offense at least had an identity. Look at Van Buren from MS State he lit up Georgia yesterday in his second start. We need a new OC period. Need a new TE coach Period end of discussion. I don't think BV deserves to be on the hot seat he's personally made the defense fun to watch again. However if he does not get this next hire at OC right there should absolutely be talk of him being on the hot seat.

That's all I have for now, just an humiliating loss again. I'm sick of watching this defense play their heart out just for the offense to not even try.

Reactions: Master Po
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.