ADVERTISEMENT

GREAT DAY FOR OU. OU WHO NEEDS TO JUMP aTm Tenn & Baylor for the 8th SPOT

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
Today TEXAS A&M ELIMINATED!

TENN AT HOME ELIMINATED AT HOME 6-2!

WE NOW MIGHT BE ABLE TO DETERMINE OUR OWN DESTINY TO GET BAYLOR ELIMINATED!

BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!

bullmarket I have noticed much of your posting is in all capitals letters. I hope this is not your normal type of typing as it makes for very annoying trying to read it. Keep use all capitals for BOOMER SOONER that should be the law.

Hurtin, understand that Bull has posted literally thousands of messages on this board. I know his post count reads 198, but it is truly more than 30000. He's told occasionally that he's annoying, mostly by longhorn fans or others wearing some shade of orange.

Since you are actually under 50 total posts, you might find somebody else to tell how to post. Bull is close to an institution here, and especially on the free side, mostly very appreciated.

And as the ultimate SOONER optimist, if he uses all caps, he's just trying to make you see the light. He deserves more slack cut than about any poster I know, anywhere. We've never met, but I consider him not just a friend, but a great friend. And it's been the case for close to 18 years here. He's been here longer than that.

Hurtin, understand that Bull has posted literally thousands of messages on this board. I know his post count reads 198, but it is truly more than 30000. He's told occasionally that he's annoying, mostly by longhorn fans or others wearing some shade of orange.

Since you are actually under 50 total posts, you might find somebody else to tell how to post. Bull is close to an institution here, and especially on the free side, mostly very appreciated.

And as the ultimate SOONER optimist, if he uses all caps, he's just trying to make you see the light. He deserves more slack cut than about any poster I know, anywhere. We've never met, but I consider him not just a friend, but a great friend. And it's been the case for close to 18 years here. He's been here longer than that.
You're about 68% correct, Plaino. That "all cap" posting is annoying irrespective of the poster.

bull is the ultimate crimson glasses wearing OU Fan... objectivity never has been, nor will be, his forte.

On the other hand, it is a free country and you are entitled to your opinion just as others are free to ignore you. Your post count shouldn't determine your right to say what you like even if it is an opinion no one else has.

Although the reverse is true, if it's too hard to read, you could ignore that poster as well.

You're about 68% correct, Plaino. That "all cap" posting is annoying irrespective of the poster.

bull is the ultimate crimson glasses wearing OU Fan... objectivity never has been, nor will be, his forte.

Technically, 68.37%, but we have the freedom to round it off around here.

I agree with you on both counts. I'd contend that there are many many posters here with similar lack of objectivity, except theirs is on the other side of the spectrum of optimism/pessimism. In that respect, I greatly prefer Bull's blatant optimism, ALL CAPS, Mixed or all lower case with no paragraphs.

Those of the hypercritical toward coaches mentality seem to have much higher numbers here. I'll take Bull's view over that, any day, even if he often seems to ignore common sense logic.

Hurtin, understand that Bull has posted literally thousands of messages on this board. I know his post count reads 198, but it is truly more than 30000. He's told occasionally frequently that he's (an) annoying clown, mostly by longhorn fans or others wearing some shade of orange, or people with IQs over 10.

Since you are actually under 50 total posts, you might find somebody else to tell how to post, even though your post count doesn't matter one bit on a message board, born on people's opinions. Bull is close to not even remotely an institution here, and especially on the free side, mostly very appreciated, for some inane reason. On the premium side, he is a complete laughing stock.

And as the ultimate SOONER optimist, if he uses all caps, he's just trying to make you see the light annoy the ever-living **** out of you. He deserves more absolutely no slack cut (?) than about any poster I know, anywhere. We've never met, but I consider him not just a friend, but a great friend, and romantic partner. And it's been the case for close to 18 years here. He's been here longer than that.

FIFY

I agree with you on both counts. I'd contend that there are many many posters here with similar lack of objectivity, except theirs is on the other side of the spectrum of optimism/pessimism. In that respect, I greatly prefer Bull's blatant optimism, ALL CAPS, Mixed or all lower case with no paragraphs.

Those of the hypercritical toward coaches mentality seem to have much higher numbers here. I'll take Bull's view over that, any day, even if he often seems to ignore common sense logic.

Take it easy, he wasn't criticizing Bull himself nor even what he said, he stated a common fact that typing in all caps is not typically acceptable unless you are yelling. It's not a new thing or a fad, it's pretty standard since the beginning of the online age.

I find it a bit ironic that you are telling someone to shut up because his post count isn't high enough for you to take seriously. All of us here know Bull has been posting forever and has about a billion posts, but someone judging him by his current post count would be just as wrong as you are.

BTW Bull, great post! I hope (although I really don't follow or care that much about softball) that your optimism pans out.

Last edited:
Plainosooner what does my number of posts have to do with this? That sounds like a type of juvenile internet rule. Makes no difference to me how many posts a person has. Or how long a person has been here. Or how many posts I have. I said that bullmarket using all capital letters is very annoying to read. If you do not like it then that is your problem. All the other people posting on here type like normal people and their posts are much more enjoyable to read. And I suppose it is normal to compare people like me who make a post you do not like as wearing a shade of orange or a longhorn fan. That is very very sad.

bull is OU's Ketchum. He isn't an OU fan, as much as he is an unobjective poster. I'm certain he defends Mike Stoops schemes and Kish's talents as coach. That is similar to defending an alcoholic for driving drunk. Irrational and reeks of emotional connection over reasoning.

I defend you because you have passion for certain sports and post your reasoning behind said thoughts. I may not agree, but yours isn't emotional. bull? Couldn't find a positive comment about Texas if they cured cancer. He openly denigrates Texas, for doing things Bob Stoops has done.

Typically, hypocrisy is called out. When things are indefensible you have to admit fault or one has to run away... thus, bull can't post on the premium board and hides here amongst the rabble.

bull is OU's Ketchum. He isn't an OU fan, as much as he is an unobjective poster. I'm certain he defends Mike Stoops schemes and Kish's talents as coach. That is similar to defending an alcoholic for driving drunk. Irrational and reeks of emotional connection over reasoning.

I defend you because you have passion for certain sports and post your reasoning behind said thoughts. I may not agree, but yours isn't emotional. bull? Couldn't find a positive comment about Texas if they cured cancer. He openly denigrates Texas, for doing things Bob Stoops has done.

Typically, hypocrisy is called out. When things are indefensible you have to admit fault or one has to run away... thus, bull can't post on the premium board and hides here amongst the rabble.

@Plainosooner, this might shock you, but I agree with Pinn 100 percent. I'll take you over Bull a million times over. At least you have a brain and associated logic.

My grandson knows more about these message boards and internet so I asked him about this. He laughed and made fun of people who think numbers of posts makes them more status or smarter than others with lower numbers of posts. He wanted me to ask the board if Bob Stoops had 10 posts would he be ridiculed for his posts by people that have more posts? He said numbers of posts are meaningless. My grandson is 12. Funny a kid makes more sense than some adults. I agree with my grandson.

Bull reminds me of a loose tooth I had when I was a kid. No matter how painful it was I could not control the constant flicking of that tooth. The good news - Bull is back. The bad news -- Now, I ain't got no tooths.

If I have offended anyone I hope that dispensation will be granted. I only have 400+ post but have been on the board since Sep 2003. I am a reader not a writer.

Last edited:
OP browsing the internet...

giphy.gif

Reactions: pinnaclesw
I've just about pulled the trigger a couple of times but then I hear Cary go on a rant about all the posters on the corner and I back off. He isn't a very good advertisement for his lively hood! ;)

What is the payboard? Is it the crimson corner portion? When I click topics it says a subscription is needed. How good are the topics and information for money?
And I apologize for making this thread into an argument with my thoughts.

Reactions: iasooner1
What is the payboard? Is it the crimson corner portion? When I click topics it says a subscription is needed. How good are the topics and information for money?
And I apologize for making this thread into an argument with my thoughts.

The Crimson Corner is the pay section yes. Is it worth the money? I guess that depends on what you value as worth it. There is a lot of really good inside information and a whole lot of craziness. This "argument" was like a nice spring day near the lake compared to what's going on there. If you are easily offended, maybe not, needing amusement...it's worth a look.

All kidding aside, if you are heavy into OU and all the different sports, you won't find the quality of info anywhere else.

Edit: Oh and I forgot to add...some of those people have 20,000+ posts under their belt, you might not be eligible yet. hehe

Ummmm...anyone care to get this back to the original content of the thread?

How is A&M and Tennessee eliminated?

Ummmm...anyone care to get this back to the original content of the thread?

How is A&M and Tennessee eliminated?
#1 Florida: Lost 0-2 to Ole Miss
#2 Washington: Beat Utah in Utah, 12-1, 4-2 (8)
#4 Auburn: Beat Kentucky 2-0
#5 UCLA: Beat Arizona State twice, 4-3, 13-3
#6 Florida State: Beat Virginia 16-0 (5), Beat Notre Dame, 6-0
#7 Oregon: Beat Stanford twice, 9-2, 8-0 (5)
#8 Texas A&M: Lost to Alabama, 1-2 (10)
#9 Tennessee: Lost to LSU, 2-6
#10 Baylor: Lost to Oklahoma State, 1-2, Beat Iowa State, 4-0
#11 Minnesota: Beat Northwestern, 6-1
#12 LSU: Beat Missouri, 6-5, Beat Tennessee, 6-2
#13 Oklahoma: Beat Texas, 3-0, Beat Texas Tech, 8-0
#14 Kentucky: Beat South Carolina, 7-3, Lost to Auburn, 0-2
#16 Alabama: Beat Arkansas, 4-1, Beat Texas A&M, 2-1 (10)
#17 Utah: Lost twice to Washington, 1-12, 2-4 (8)

Sybarite The current RPI poll has OU #11

#10 #9 and #8 all got beat rhis week.

OU has a good shot for seed #8

1 Florida Southeastern 50-5-0 12-3-0 13-0-0 25-2-0 0-0-0
2 Oregon Pac-12 44-6-0 8-4-0 15-0-0 21-2-0 0-0-0
3 Auburn Southeastern 45-9-0 10-4-0 7-1-0 28-4-0 0-0-0
4 UCLA Pac-12 39-13-0 10-3-0 13-4-0 16-6-0 0-0-0
5 Arizona Pac-12 48-7-0 13-4-0 9-1-0 26-2-0 0-0-0
6 Washington Pac-12 40-11-0 12-4-0 13-3-0 15-4-0 0-0-0
7 Florida St. Atlantic Coast 48-6-1 18-5-0 5-1-1 25-0-0 0-0-0
8 Texas A&M Southeastern 42-9-0 9-3-0 5-0-0 28-6-0 0-0-0
9 Tennessee Southeastern 44-9-0 10-4-0 11-2-0 23-3-0 0-0-0
10 Baylor Big 12 41-11-0 10-8-0 7-1-0 24-2-0 0-0-0
11 Oklahoma Big 12 47-8-0 16-0-0 11-7-0 20-1-0 0-0-0
12 Minnesota Big Ten 51-3-0 20-3-0 15-0-0 16-0-0 0-0-0
13 James Madison Colonial 47-6-0 16-2-0 18-2-0 13-2-0 0-0-0
14 Alabama Southeastern 40-15-0 9-9-0 4-0-0 27-6-0 0-0-0
15 LSU Southeastern 38-17-0 6-9-0 5-3-0 27-5-0 0-0-0
16 Utah Pac-12 33-11-0 11-4-0 16-4-0 6-3-0 0-0-0
17 Kentucky Southeastern 35-16-0 15-7-0 9-3-0 11-6-0 0-0-0

Last edited:
Some help:
Ole Miss 4
Alabama 1
Final

Major help?
after three
Illinois 2
Minnesota 0

Ouch---Minnesota scores five in the fourth.

Final: Minnesota won on a walk off home run in the seventh, 6-5.

Last edited:
During the UT-Baylor game, announcers tell us OU at 4:30 on Fox Sports. Wouldn't it be kinda nice if they would tell us which Fox Sports? soonersports.com says FS2.

I've never watched a sporting event on FS2. A first?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT