ADVERTISEMENT

Great article about OU keeping Bob Stoops in spite of the grumbling

Yep. But if we don't win the next two, I suspect you'll find the same claims of incompetence again, immediately after the next loss, whenever it is.

So BFD. When you smell roses, you don't jump in a rose brush nose first. You'll come crawling out all scratched up from ear to ear. Why let what others say, think, & post ruin your Sooner experience?

Plaino said OU had the best coaching staff in America..... Then half of those guys were fired. He also has stated coaching doesn't matter. He has also stated that comments on soonerscoop free board could determine where a recruit ends up. I can go on and on. In other words, plaino is a silly man

Reactions: BillyRay
Plaino said OU had the best coaching staff in America..... Then half of those guys were fired. He also has stated coaching doesn't matter. He has also stated that comments on soonerscoop free board could determine where a recruit ends up. I can go on and on. In other words, plaino is a silly man

Your math is as faulty as your understanding of football. And any staff in America hired by Bob Stoops and he's the HC, is the best staff in America. You can disagree, but given your understanding of the game is like Pee Wee Herman lecturing us on ethical behavior.

Reactions: SoonerTulsan
^^^^ God has spoken. ^^^^

But seriously, why do you allow yourself to be so eaten alive by what others say, think, or post?

Plaino please quit making a fool of yourself with immature responses. There is a reason so many people laugh at you. In other words think before you post

Wnas I can control plaino easily by just typing words on a screen. I don't do it intentionally, it just happens.

WNAS, you post is like when a guy's little sister tattles on him to his parents that he had his eyes open during the pre dinner prayer.

What's a pre-dinner prayer? We only offered up dinner prayers. Is it like a practice prayer?

We have a winner.

tumblr_mwy57uv6vq1r4sj1co1_250.gif

Plaino, when I see you & your two or three disciples tell the sooner board on how we as fans are doing it wrong, how we should be, think, react, etc., this guy always comes to mind.

Reactions: veritas59
If you just ignored me like you keep claiming you have, maybe you wouldn't keep getting your feelers hurt and ruining another good thread.

Last edited:
Your math is as faulty as your understanding of football. And any staff in America hired by Bob Stoops and he's the HC, is the best staff in America. You can disagree, but given your understanding of the game is like Pee Wee Herman lecturing us on ethical behavior.
I guess when proven wrong on numerous things, the default stance for Plaino these days is to just claim others just don't understand the game of football. Because it clearly takes an unreal level of football intelligence to just blindly assign the title of "best staff in the country" simply because of who the head coach is. I mean the understanding of football that goes into that kind of mindset must be staggering. I'm glad Bob Stoops isn't as knowledgeable about football as you are Plaino, otherwise he would have never made a single change in his staff the past handful of off seasons since you always claimed they were the best staff in the country.

Plaino, Obviously, you're being targeted by a few of the brightest minds on the board. I don't know how you sleep at night.

"...straining at gnats but swallowing camels." comes to mind. ;)

Billy in your opinion which is better, Gatorade or water?
I prefer a tall draft beer. I sure miss those liter glasses of Hofbrau we got back in the day in Munich.
Of course I think that was back when someone was trying to convince this board that what we posted on here would determine whether a kid would sign to play football at OU or not. We were targets of an attempt to brainwash us to think that posting critical thoughts about the program did in fact, hurt the program by pushing elite recruits away. Those of us with at least a shred of common sense knew it was bullshit. But the attempts at brainwashing continued. It continued until the day came when the question was finally asked of the appropriate people who report on recruiting and talk to recruits literally on a daily basis. That person completely debunked what many of us knew was bullshit all along. And still to this day...the person who coordinated the brainwashing attempt clings to a belief that we just don't understand. It's literally hysterical if you stop and think about it.

A while back I didn't drink soda for 8 months....I thought I would tell a difference but it literally did nothing. I didn't lose weight, I didn't feel better etc. As for beer, I can honestly say I've never anything more than a swallow. I would rather drink goat pee lol

Reactions: fortworth4ou2
Some in this thread are stunningly and consistently funny, imho.

Their grip on reality appears fleeting. Their rationale seems irrational. They feel their self-proclaimed "expertise" grants them posting authority in all relative matters.

Seems to me that if a leader is overwhelmingly perceived by its support entity or in reality underperforms, they are likely subjected either to making necessary supportive adjustments or to negative consequences up to and including termination. That's usually reality except for those apparent Walter Mitty types here.

As soon as one designates the football leader and his staff as being infallible and untouchable, the result is usually blind obedience and irrational support of them. A most unhealthy situation I would think.

EVERYONE can be successfully replaced with all the available talent out there. This does not mean I am advocating for any changes in our present administration.

But then, maybe I take postings and this forum too seriously.;) It's possible, I suppose.

Boomer Sooner

Last edited:
Some in this thread are stunningly and consistently funny, imho.

Their grip on reality appears fleeting. Their rationale seems irrational. They feel their self-proclaimed "expertise" grants them posting authority in all relative matters.

Seems to me that if a leader is overwhelmingly perceived by its support entity or in reality underperforms, they are likely subjected either to making necessary supportive adjustments or to negative consequences up to and including termination. That's usually reality except for those apparent Walter Mitty types here.

As soon as one designates the football leader and his staff as being infallible and untouchable, the result is usually blind obedience and irrational support of them. A most unhealthy situation I would think.

EVERYONE can be successfully replaced with all the available talent out there. This does not mean I am advocating for any changes in our present administration.

But then, maybe I take postings and this forum too seriously.;)

Boomer Sooner

Nice timing for a post like this. You're opening acts make you look like Einstein discussing Quantum Physics to the Three Stooges. Pun intended. ;) Merry Christmas ftworth...go easy.

Nice timing for a post like this. You're opening acts make you look like Einstein discussing Quantum Physics to the Three Stooges. Pun intended. ;) Merry Christmas ftworth...go easy.
Just who are the Three Stooges of which you refer? I would assert you might be surprised as to their identities.

Keep an open mind.

Btw, hope your Christmas was a very merry one.

Boomer Sooner

Just who are the Three Stooges of which you refer? I would assert you might be surprised as to their identities.

Keep an open mind.

Btw, hope your Christmas was a very merry one.

Boomer Sooner

My friend, NOTHING surprises me anymore and if my mind was any more open I'd think that "swallowing camels" was a good thing. ;) You seem to have "a bone" for Plaino as much as I do for posters lacking character or integrity.

Just a suggestion, but if you're going to "help" someone, make sure it's someone that needs help. :)

Had an amazing Christmas and hope you did as well.

My friend, NOTHING surprises me anymore and if my mind was any more open I'd think that "swallowing camels" was a good thing. ;) You seem to have "a bone" for Plaino as much as I do for posters lacking character or integrity.

Just a suggestion, but if you're going to "help" someone, make sure it's someone that needs help. :)

Had an amazing Christmas and hope you did as well.
My Christmas was exceptional, thanks.

As much of a knucklehead as I am, I can have a "bone" for anyone at anytime depending upon the perceived circumstances. Doesn't make what I opine true.

I don't see postings or posters the way you do apparently. I don't know that anyone here is lacking in character and integrity. Some can be unnecessarily harsh and petty, though, at times.

I'm reminded on occasion of "don't ask me what I think you, I might not give the answer that you want me to." Sometimes I offer advice when not solicited and I'm sure I misapply it from time to time and it's regrettable when I do. But, it's always offered in the spirit of "helping".

I can be, and often am, obtuse. I get that and stubbornness from my Dad. Just as he made points with me, I attempt to do so similarly here and elsewhere. My students seem to love my ways.

Boomer Sooner

My Christmas was exceptional, thanks.

As much of a knucklehead as I am, I can have a "bone" for anyone at anytime depending upon the perceived circumstances. Doesn't make what I opine true.

I don't see postings or posters the way you do apparently. I don't know that anyone here is lacking in character and integrity. Some can be unnecessarily harsh and petty, though, at times.

I'm reminded on occasion of "don't ask me what I think you, I might not give the answer that you want me to." Sometimes I offer advice when not solicited and I'm sure I misapply it from time to time and it's regrettable when I do. But, it's always offered in the spirit of "helping".

I can be, and often am, obtuse. I get that and stubbornness from my Dad. Just as he made points with me, I attempt to do so similarly here and elsewhere. My students seem to love my ways.

Boomer Sooner
I'm certain you do, likely just missing facts. I find in my old age I have much less tolerance for them. Even on a message board, you can determine someone's character, if they post long enough and you pay attention. No matter because fortunately, there are only a few.

I'm sure your students do enjoy your style...I have little doubt you're a terrific teacher.
However, if they saw you consistently going after Plaino the way you do, they'd think you were PO'd at the smart kid in class for some unknown reason while ignoring the flunkies shooting spitwads in the back of the classroom. ;)

I have a response for the above but will refrain for the most part as we seem to be doing the same wiggly dance as in the last several posts. I very rarely, if then, possess all the "facts".

I see holes and role reversals in your analogy above. With that, I'm out as we will just have to agree to disagree.

Let's cheer on our Sooners against Clemson.

Boomer Sooner

I have a response for the above but will refrain for the most part as we seem to be doing the same wiggly dance as in the last several posts. I very rarely, if then, possess all the "facts".

I see holes and role reversals in your analogy above. With that, I'm out as we will just have to agree to disagree.

Let's cheer on our Sooners against Clemson.

Boomer Sooner
Regarding the "facts", not shocked at all that you don't in this case. You can trust my "opinion" or not. You should know me well enough to know that I'm typically not as direct with claims such as this.

My "analogy" was hopefully obviously somewhat tongue-in-cheek. However, I'll gently remind you that in '08/'09 you thought I was nuts for defending a coach. When it comes to Plaino and the topic of coaches, I think keeping an open mind is terrific advice. And you know how much I appreciate you as a poster, even when we don't always see eye-to-eye.

Regarding our Sooners, you and I are ALWAYS on the same page. BOOMER!!!

Regarding the "facts", not shocked at all that you don't in this case. You can trust my "opinion" or not. You should know me well enough to know that I'm typically not as direct with claims such as this.

My "analogy" was hopefully obviously somewhat tongue-in-cheek. However, I'll gently remind you that in '08/'09 you thought I was nuts for defending a coach. When it comes to Plaino and the topic of coaches, I think keeping an open mind is terrific advice. And you know how much I appreciate you as a poster, even when we don't always see eye-to-eye.

Regarding our Sooners, you and I are ALWAYS on the same page. BOOMER!!!
Gentle reminder noted.

You are right about me being wrong regarding your contention back in 08/09. Been wrong many times since then, too, on a whole host of issues.

I can't always be right. Only sometimes.

Boomer Sooner

Gentle reminder noted.

You are right about me being wrong regarding your contention back in 08/09. Been wrong many times since then, too, on a whole host of issues.

I can't always be right. Only sometimes.

Boomer Sooner
And THIS is why I respect you more than you know. Hope 2016 is a joyous and prosperous year for you and your family. An NC would be a good source of joy to start the year, but I'm certain the results will be kept in proper perspective regardless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT