ADVERTISEMENT

Good read,

Embarrassing loss to Baylor. I think that was the game that finally put the final nail in the coffin for Bob's aura of invincibility at home.

And it's another example that works against the defense that Bob apologists use to say the talent level is simply down at OU. It's what we heard thrown around after getting thrashed by Ohio State. But it shouldn't apply here to the Baylor loss. Nobody can say that Baylor is getting more elite talent, or higher rated recruits than OU. I'm not sure if Baylor has EVER had a class ranked in the Top 25 nationally. So Baylor is doing more, with less when compared to OU. Why can't OUs staff do the same with it's higher rated classes? That's why I refuse to believe that talent at OU is as bad as some imply it is. It's lack of development.

Agree. It's not talent, it's simple. COACHING, TEACHING, BUILDING CONFIDENCE.

I agree..:rolleyes: Just think how well Jim Grobe has improved his coaching since he took over the Baylor team. He was hovering above 5oo% career wise, but magically took over Baylor and he's undefeated. Amazing...........

I agree..:rolleyes: Just think how well Jim Grobe has improved his coaching since he took over the Baylor team. He was hovering above 5oo% career wise, but magically took over Baylor and he's undefeated. Amazing...........

Grobe comes in and has the same OC & DC at Baylor... You think that he has changed anything? Do they have his offense and defense now or the same ones as Briles had?

Of course there's this following them...

The report states "football coaches and staff had inappropriate involvement in disciplinary and criminal matters..." and that coaches took improper steps in response to disclosing sexual assault cases.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/col...all-first-school-reconsider-assistant-coaches

But having people who cover up sexual assaults on coaching staffs is normal, right?

o-JERRY-SANDUSKY-facebook.jpg

Reactions: BillyRay
Grobe is coaching them Bears up. He's instilling confidence and teaching. How can you not see it?

Or maybe he has a roster of very good players?

Grobe hasn't done squat. Take a look at the weak teams he has played. But not sure every team in the big XII is much better.

Grobe is coaching them Bears up. He's instilling confidence and teaching. How can you not see it?

Grobe is prolly smart enough to not come rolling in and rocking the boat. This isn't a difficult situation to understand here. He wasn't hired as the next head coach of Baylor. He is there on an interim basis for one season. If he has ANY hopes of remaining at Baylor, do you really think he would completely dismantle the machine Briles had built for a one-season run in 2016 with hopes of success?? Nah...he left the staff pretty much intact, and I'm willing to bet he is letting his Coordinators and assistants do their jobs and keep the machine rolling.

Like I said...NOT difficult to understand here.....

I think Grobe has pulled a Barry Switzer at Dallas... Let the coaches coach. Period. Every position coach and coordinator are unchanged. The only one missing is the figure head of Art Briles, who has classlessly attended Baylor games. He is the only one not there this year.

Reactions: BillyRay
No he's a genius. When will you guy's get it. Our coaching staff sucks. Lost in the final four and lost too two top ten teams this year.....Hire Grobe!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT