ADVERTISEMENT

Go Army, Beat Navy!

Agree... and every rivalry should be as classy as Army and Navy.
I felt sorry for number 34 of Navy for fumbling near the goal line and someone needs to tell him that if that play was the worst thing he will ever have happen in his life, he will have a very good life. Switzer consoled the Iowa State kicker in 1981 that way after his chip-shot field try to win the game missed.

Agree... and every rivalry should be as classy as Army and Navy.
I felt sorry for number 34 of Navy for fumbling near the goal line and someone needs to tell him that if that play was the worst thing he will ever have happen in his life, he will have a very good life. Switzer consoled the Iowa State kicker in 1981 that way after his chip-shot field try to win the game missed.
There was a bit of karma in his half yard line fumble in OT because his third quarter 73 yard TD should've been called back by a blatant and very obvious tackle (by the ankles) of an Army defender by a Navy o-lineman.

In the 50 years since I first went to Army-Navy game as a cadet, the most gut wrenching loss of my life was in, I believe, 2011. Navy had won ten in a row. In the fourth quarter, Army drove from its own ten yard line to the Navy ten yard line. The Middies were gassed and Army was on the doorstep of winning the game when the Army QB fumbled the mesh on the option to the fullback and Navy recovered. That loss still feels like being kicked in the stomach. Mad respect for Navy but I absolutely cherish any victory we can claim over them.

Last edited:
There was a bit of karma in his half yard line fumble in OT because his third quarter 73 yard TD should've been called back by a blatant and very obvious tackle (by the ankles) of an Army defender by a Navy o-lineman.

In the 50 years since I first went to Army-Navy game as a cadet, the most gut wrenching loss of my life was in, I believe, 2011. Navy had won ten in a row. In the fourth quarter, Army drove from its own ten yard line to the Navy ten yard line. The Middies were gassed and Army was on the doorstep of winning the game when the Army QB fumbled the mesh on the option to the fullback and Navy recovered. That loss still feels like being kicked in the stomach. Mad respect for Navy but I absolutely cherish any victory we can claim over them.
I absolutely love your post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT