ADVERTISEMENT

Get on the wagon. Now

I sure hope so!! Nothing would please the Sooner Nation more than a strong 2023!! I firmly believe it could happen, but we may need a little luck here and there.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I sure hope so!! Nothing would please the Sooner Nation more than a strong 2023!! I firmly believe it could happen, but we may need a little luck here and there.

Work out some consistency kinks on offense and defense gets better. Should be unbeaten by RRR.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I sense a major shift for 2023. A disruptive game changing defense to go along with a powerhouse running game.

I hear Ethan Downs is a start pupil of Smitty's and the results is very apparent. I am told that he and Danny Stutsman asked OU Information Dept to dial back on them this year and let their on field results do the talking. This is the tactic that K-9 Kenneth Murray took his senior year.

Downs and Grimes are jacked.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
A couple of thoughts:

1. Talk is cheap. Bill Parcells often said, "you are what your record says you are." Until proven otherwise, our record says we're a losing team for the first time in a quarter century.

2. We always get everyone's best effort because of our historical success. This year, we'll face jihad effort levels from our opponents so they can claim eternal scoreboard as we're on our way out the door.

3. As others have said, the conference will do everything it can to crap on us as we leave. We will get no calls, close or otherwise, during the upcoming year of conference play. More than a couple games will be determined by that.

All that said, I'm optimistic as we watch our young team develop and we watch this one horse conference fade into our rearview mirror.

The striped shirts in the conference will not allow it. I really don't believe they'll allow either of us to get there.
I hope so. I for one, as much as i hate Ou, am so excited for us both to join the SEC. My wifes a Tennessee alumni and I a Texas, so weve always dreamed of this. EVEN MORE though i want Texas and OU to come into the SEC and show everyone who the F we are and that they're a top heavy conference and we have some weight we can throw around as well..

The only icing on the cake if you will, is If Texas and OU play in the big12 title game and take it away while walk out the door.

A couple of thoughts:

1. Talk is cheap. Bill Parcells often said, "you are what your record says you are." Until proven otherwise, our record says we're a losing team for the first time in a quarter century.

2. We always get everyone's best effort because of our historical success. This year, we'll face jihad effort levels from our opponents so they can claim eternal scoreboard as we're on our way out the door.

3. As others have said, the conference will do everything it can to crap on us as we leave. We will get no calls, close or otherwise, during the upcoming year of conference play. More than a couple games will be determined by that.

All that said, I'm optimistic as we watch our young team develop and we watch this one horse conference fade into our rearview mirror.
Welp, we got nowhere to go but up. 😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT