ADVERTISEMENT

Gameday

Sooners lead 3-0, Maxwell pitching in T5. She's given up one hit, I think to the first batter of the game. Duke was prety good last year. Maxwell got a strikeout to end the inning while I was typing. Headed to B5, Pinch hits in B3 when OU scored their three runs, produced runs two and three. Jennings started the scoring in the inning with a solo homer to center.

Pickering, who had one of the two pinch hit rbi's in the third hit a grand slam in game one for OU's first homer of the season. Torres was the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: iasooner2000
It got interesting in T7. After one out, a close pitch ball four, a bloop hit, and a first pitch HBP got the tying runs on base for Duke. Karlie Keeney pitched the sixth and seventh for OU. She got a called strike three for the second out, and a roller to short where Jennings got the force at third to end the game.

The Sooners started the season with two shutouts, and won game two 3-0. Pickering had six RBI's in the double header. She had only two at bats in game two, both singles.

After 5 its 3-2 Washington, OU 4-20 at the plate 2 errors and 7 runners left on base. Not looking good.

That comment came after several old fashions, so may not be warranted. They did struggle last night, Maxwell (OSU transfer) did pitch well. 3 errors and a couple of questionable calls by the boys in blue made this game closer than it should have been.

Fortunately Patti has a nice bullpen
KD will have her share and shine or sit

Two hail Barrys and aspirin for the of’s
Is your coe the Iowa coe ?

Playing four games in three days the first week of the season will challenge any staff. The girl from Liberty looked pretty good. Not sure about the Wisconsin lady. I suspect she throws really hard.

I don't think May will ever be someone who can throw two games in a weekend against quality competition. We are going to need six pitchers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT