ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Shannon is back.

Screw Boren. Damn I wish he go away.

Sure lets just screw everything for the sake of a football player.

I took up for Frank. Not because I thought or knew for a fact that he was innocent, but because of the stupid rules created within the Title IX rules that put the schools in the business of investigating these type cases.

However, David Boren has been really good for OU. Under his leadership OU has almost rebuilt the entire campus, the number of endowed chairs has dramatically increased, the prestige of OU has greatly increased and on and on. Just because he takes a firm stand on an issue having to do with a football player who likely created his own situation isn't a good reason to be on Boren's case.

Boren did in the Shannon case what the evidence indicated and what was in the best interest of OU.

Sure lets just screw everything for the sake of a football player.

I took up for Frank. Not because I thought or knew for a fact that he was innocent, but because of the stupid rules created within the Title IX rules that put the schools in the business of investigating these type cases.

However, David Boren has been really good for OU. Under his leadership OU has almost rebuilt the entire campus, the number of endowed chairs has dramatically increased, the prestige of OU has greatly increased and on and on. Just because he takes a firm stand on an issue having to do with a football player who likely created his own situation isn't a good reason to be on Boren's case.

Boren did in the Shannon case what the evidence indicated and what was in the best interest of OU.

I completely agree that Boren has done a fantastic job as President for OU. I'm glad that Shannon is back on the team, but Boren simply followed the Title IX rules (and legal counsel's advice) when he had to make the decision to suspend Shannon. It wasn't personal when he suspended Shannon, but Boren was acting on what he felt was best for the University and I support him 100%.

When it comes to Boren, I'm one to think that what little or a lot, depending on how you look at it could have been done by another as well. He hasn't been all that and then some. I also recognize that I'm in the minority on this, at least in this thread regarding Boren. I'm a firm believer the wrong done to one individual or student to save face for a college is weak leadership. Bottomline, Boren folded and bowed down in the face of politics and money and sold Frank Shannon out. Stating he was following the legalees is also weak sauce for they are only advisors. Not the end all/be all. Lawyers are advisors. Leasdership was needed and he failed Frank Shannon and while doing so, he failed all of us. I suspect this was one of the many things that helped destroy a football team/season last year.

OK rant over. Shannon's back and I hope Boren doesn't tie Sroops hands and allows him to play. If Boren gets involved again, Bob will bow down again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT