ADVERTISEMENT

Four star OL Eugene Brooks

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
Commits Tuesday morning to the good guys.

On On3, he's only a 3-star, but 4 on Rivals. He was recruited by some pretty good teams. This was important to the cause. From Cali..

Reactions: iasooner2000
Time to finish this good haul with more defensive help and that is likely to happen, especially on the DL.
16 total commitments so far.
11 on offense:
5 receivers, not including preferred walk-on Jacob Jordan
1 TE
1 QB
2 RB
2 OL
5 on defense:
3 DB
1 DT
1 DE

There are two elite DL in David Stone and Williams Nwaneri leaning to OU, along with RB Caden Dunhan and OL Josh Aisosa.

Time to finish this good haul with more defensive help and that is likely to happen, especially on the DL.
16 total commitments so far.
11 on offense:
5 receivers, not including preferred walk-on Jacob Jordan
1 TE
1 QB
2 RB
2 OL
5 on defense:
3 DB
1 DT
1 DE

There are two elite DL in David Stone and Williams Nwaneri leaning to OU, along with RB Caden Dunhan and OL Josh Aisosa.
Would be beautiful and I think necessary with the move to the sec looming.

If everything comes together like they say it likely will, it will be a top 4 or top 5 class. Sitting at around number 15 or so right now.

8th by average stars, and that's without Rivals considering Tatum a 5*. If Tatum were changed to 5*, you're at #6. I just did a head count, and they have all 16 recruits accounted for.

For the math, a Tatum move to 5* takes average up from 3.69 to 3.75.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Riley's shine will fade fast once they start playing in the BIG. Them folks play hard-nose defense.

I could see his offense giving them fits for a year or 2 but when opposing offense grind the games to a halt and opposing defenses figure him out it'll be no different than what we saw when he faced the Iowa States, TCUs and Baylors. Score early then struggle for 2 and a half quarters against inferior talent. And he doesn't have Bedenbaugh to save him by grinding out wins pounding the ball late.

Don't kid yourself. There are as many good defensive athletes in the Pac as in the BIG. But there just isn't as much passion for football on the west coast. It will be very interesting though, to see USC and UCLA go to the states of the BIg Ten in late October and November. Quarterbacks with gloves and cold hands, whose home is in Los Angeles are going to suffer football culture shock when confronted with hits in cold weather, or running pass routes on frozen fields.
More interesting, might be conference softball games in March up there. Fly 1000 miles to play one scheduled game of three in the midwest.

Don't kid yourself. There are as many good defensive athletes in the Pac as in the BIG. But there just isn't as much passion for football on the west coast. It will be very interesting though, to see USC and UCLA go to the states of the BIg Ten in late October and November. Quarterbacks with gloves and cold hands, whose home is in Los Angeles are going to suffer football culture shock when confronted with hits in cold weather, or running pass routes on frozen fields.
More interesting, might be conference softball games in March up there. Fly 1000 miles to play one scheduled game of three in the midwest.

Was this directed at me?

It was directed at whoever said that the defenses of the Big Ten were much better and much fiercer than the Pac 12. Head to head, over a long time, I think the Pac's record vs the BIG would stack up pretty well.

It was directed at whoever said that the defenses of the Big Ten were much better and much fiercer than the Pac 12. Head to head, over a long time, I think the Pac's record vs the BIG would stack up pretty well.
Utah handled tbow and Caleb not much difference from the B12. Heisman? Ha! Common theme with that guy. Imo. 😁

• Love
Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT