ADVERTISEMENT

Four great Baker Mayfield Stats (he has many more)

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
Baker has thrown 153 straight passes without an interception
Baker has thrown at least two TD passes in 17 straight games (tying an OU record with Sam Bradford)
Baker has won 12 straight OU games on the road
Baker in the last two years he has finished 4th & 3rd in the Heisman & this season he is favored to win.

He is playing great ball and he is the leader of the team. He can say whatever he wants to motivate the team.
Not when it comes to drawing 15-yd penalties for running his mouth. It's one thing to be vocal and motivate your team. It's another thing to take it to a level that ends up penalizing your team. Thankfully his mouth didn't kill that drive and possibly lead to OU losing that game.

Bull I get it that you think Baker can do no wrong in your eyes but he needs to tone his actions down. Schit talking to your opponents before a game isnt showing leadership its called being an arrogant prick.

If you want to be a leader and motivate your team there are many ways to do that without firing up your opponent. A real leader would have avoided the trash talking and simply guided his team to the sidelines and tell his team that they would do their talking on the field. At least thats the way I see it.

Bull I get it that you think Baker can do no wrong in your eyes but he needs to tone his actions down. Schit talking to your opponents before a game isnt showing leadership its called being an arrogant prick.

If you want to be a leader and motivate your team there are many ways to do that without firing up your opponent. A real leader would have avoided the trash talking and simply guided his team to the sidelines and tell his team that they would do their talking on the field. At least thats the way I see it.

Winning justifies anything and everything in some peoples' minds.

No of course not CTOkie that is not true. Unless you are talking about Petrino? With him I agree

But if you are talking about Baker being the spark plug for our entire team and he say things to fire up his spark plug I say GO BAKER!

It is completely harmless

Baker is Baylor's "daddy" He is 3-0 vs the Bears.

Last edited:
No of course not CTOkie that is not true. Unless you are talking about Petrino? With him I agree

But if you are talking about Baker being the spark plug for our entire team and he say things to fire up his spark plug I say GO BAKER!

It is completely harmless

Baker is Baylor's "daddy" He is 3-0 vs the Bears.

Trash talking and taunting are are outside the realm of good sportsmanship and/or being a "spark plug" or a team leader. But now....welcome to the new age fan base and the on-field "look at me" antics.

Trash talking and taunting are are outside the realm of good sportsmanship and/or being a "spark plug" or a team leader. But now....welcome to the new age fan base and the on-field "look at me" antics.

What Baker did was harmless and all in fun to motivate our team.

Last edited:

Baker has put OU on the National Championship map.

Last edited:
If Baker wore any other jersey besides OU, nobody would be on here claiming his antics are being done all in fun.
Minor detail.
To return to adult discussion BillyRay, I would like to know that OU's coaches have cautioned the players to play the game right.....before, during and after each game.
An unsportsmanlike penalty that costs OU a game is something I hope I never witness.
I'm amazed that NFL coaches won't (or can't) control the WWF antics of virtually every player.These antics, coupled with the sameness of each game, have turned me off completely from watching an NFL game. How does Beckum, Suh and so many others get away with that crap ?
In addition, I hope the coaches can teach the players to get completely into the end zone before dropping the ball....and to finish touchdown runs by running all the way in to the end zone. OU has a WR commitment who's highlight videos show him coming almost to a complete stop before crossing the goal line....this little act cannot be allowed to continue at OU.

Minor detail.
To return to adult discussion BillyRay, I would like to know that OU's coaches have cautioned the players to play the game right.....before, during and after each game.
An unsportsmanlike penalty that costs OU a game is something I hope I never witness.
I'm amazed that NFL coaches won't (or can't) control the WWF antics of virtually every player.These antics, coupled with the sameness of each game, have turned me off completely from watching an NFL game. How does Beckum, Suh and so many others get away with that crap ?
In addition, I hope the coaches can teach the players to get completely into the end zone before dropping the ball....and to finish touchdown runs by running all the way in to the end zone. OU has a WR commitment who's highlight videos show him coming almost to a complete stop before crossing the goal line....this little act cannot be allowed to continue at OU.
I know most on here can't stand Saban. But you watch his teams play they are incredibly disciplined for the most part. Saban does NOT tolerate any type of conduct that will penalize a teams mindset of every individual's effort of trying to win games. I can only imagine how Saban would have reacted if one of his players pulled a Baker and got hit with a 15yd penalty for trash talking another player. Saban would have blown a gasket. Things like that just aren't tolerated on his teams, and his players and other coaches understand it.

How does Beckum, Suh and so many others get away with that crap ?

Celebrations have never bugged me at all, and I've been a criticizer of the No Fun League, but I watched the Giants vs the Eagles live, and I couldn't believe I was seeing straight when Beckham crawled on his hands and knees and lifted his leg like a dog peeing. There's not much that disgusts me, so I won't go so far as to say that, but I definitely was thinking, "DUMB!"

Makes you wonder how some people live to adulthood with such low intelligence. It's no longer survival of the fittest in our coddling society.

Reactions: iasooner1
Bull you aren't even making sense ( this seems to be a habit for you). His antics cost the team 15 yards on an important drive. That's a FACT

The fact....The last three years have been great for OU football because of Baker

Last edited:
Bull I swear going back and forth with you is like conversating with a....... nevermind. I had heard stories about you but you exceeded my expectations lol. I assure you there is no bigger fan on here than myself of Baker Mayfield. I consider him one of the top 3 OU QBs of all time and maybe #1. However when his antics affect the team ( penalties) then he is crossing the line. Kind of the same way Brown has been told to continue being aggressive but limit the dumb penalties for blocking after the whistle. Keep attempting to make it look like people are trashing Baker but your accusation has no legs. Talking civil and not attacking will gain you more respect not only in real life but on message boards. Right now no one really takes you serious.

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT