ADVERTISEMENT

Former A&M receiver from three years ago, admits to murder in Dallas

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
Thomas Johnson caught 30 passes from Johnny Manziel, JFootball's first year as A&M's starter.

Johnson was thrown out of his home over the week, became "unstable" and killed a jogger in Dallas. And he has admitted it to police. He left A&M a couple of years ago, without telling anyone he was leaving and the disappearance had Aggies alarmed until he was discovered to be in Dallas three days later.

He apparently had no connection to the jogger.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/ex-texas-wide-receiver-attacks-kills/

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I did not realize who that was. I saw him play in high school. On a Skyline team that was loaded with talent, he stood out as being their best looking talent. A wow kind of athlete. I remember how much I hoped OU had a chance with him. I think I even wrote that here.

That Skyline team was likely their best ever. They lost in the state semifinals to state champ Southlake Carroll, in the crazy Fox on the field game. Thomas Hill, who some people were calling Heisman candidate a couple of years later also in College Station, scored the winning touchdown in the last minute at SMU, headed north, while a Fox during the play sprinted from there, through the Skyline defense the length of the field.

Skyline had kicked a field goal to go up 10 with two minutes left seemingly ensuring the win. But Carroll scored in a minute, recovered an onside kick, and won it on the Hill fox enhanced TD of around 30 yards 40 seconds later.

I only bring all that up, to say that in a very memorable game, one of the three or four things I remember most, was how eye catching Johnson was as a receiver. Just an incredible athlete.

With his wielding a machete, a surprised jogger would have no chance. I suspect we will be told down the road that he is bipolar or worse.

I did not realize who that was. I saw him play in high school. On a Skyline team that was loaded with talent, he stood out as being their best looking talent. A wow kind of athlete. I remember how much I hoped OU had a chance with him. I think I even wrote that here.

That Skyline team was likely their best ever. They lost in the state semifinals to state champ Southlake Carroll, in the crazy Fox on the field game. Thomas Hill, who some people were calling Heisman candidate a couple of years later also in College Station, scored the winning touchdown in the last minute at SMU, headed north, while a Fox during the play sprinted from there, through the Skyline defense the length of the field.

Skyline had kicked a field goal to go up 10 with two minutes left seemingly ensuring the win. But Carroll scored in a minute, recovered an onside kick, and won it on the Hill fox enhanced TD of around 30 yards 40 seconds later.

I only bring all that up, to say that in a very memorable game, one of the three or four things I remember most, was how eye catching Johnson was as a receiver. Just an incredible athlete.

With his wielding a machete, a surprised jogger would have no chance. I suspect we will be told down the road that he is bipolar or worse.

Well, that and all the clarion calls for federal level 'machete control'. Background checks, et al...:eek:

"Johnson was thrown out of his home over the week, became "unstable" and killed a jogger in Dallas."

Leftfield guess: Sounds to me like a classic case of schizophrenia. Off of his meds, in which case forget all the speculation and death wishes. Unmedicated, schizophrena is a horrible condition. With medication it can be 180 degrees different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT