ADVERTISEMENT

Finally home on the 17th day post op

15977677_1628422877173388_890898533446523442_n.jpg

* the hospital part was 5.5 days of the 17, strictly because of New Year's weekend being an 'extra' day for the insurance folks asinine delays. The rest of the time was a stay at a new short and long term 'facility' with Physical Rehab and minimal nutrition services.
So you're saying the food there is great? :confused::D:eek:

* the hospital part was 5.5 days of the 17, strictly because of New Year's weekend being an 'extra' day for the insurance folks asinine delays. The rest of the time was a stay at a new short and long term 'facility' with Physical Rehab and minimal nutrition services.

My wife was in the hospital for three days then home with me and physical therapy folks coming over every couple of days. But the deal was "could I tend to her" which had to evaluated and approved by the med pros. I can tell you that you have to be a really good husband or wife to take care of a hip replacement patient. I had the advantage of working in a hospital for 3 of my college years so nothing I had to do to take of the wife was new to me. Work hard and get well soon, Ia-man. Boomer!

My wife was in the hospital for three days then home with me and physical therapy folks coming over every couple of days. But the deal was "could I tend to her" which had to evaluated and approved by the med pros. I can tell you that you have to be a really good husband or wife to take care of a hip replacement patient. I had the advantage of working in a hospital for 3 of my college years so nothing I had to do to take of the wife was new to me. Work hard and get well soon, Ia-man. Boomer!
I hear you. That's a hard job being a caregiver. Good husband. I wonder if Bob Stoops wife took care of him, he had a hip replacement. No. They got some bucks.

If I hadn't been so damn cheap I would have shelled out to have avoided that job. I'd pay whatever in a minute if I had it to do over, and if i have to have a knee, which is more likely, I won't have my wife to worry about caring for me. I was 69 years old. At some point you have to quit being so fricking macho.

If I hadn't been so damn cheap I would have shelled out to have avoided that job. I'd pay whatever in a minute if I had it to do over, and if i have to have a knee, which is more likely, I won't have my wife to worry about caring for me. I was 69 years old. At some point you have to quit being so fricking macho.
It's worth it. I have done it for relatives and my wife when she broke her arm. Hard job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT