ADVERTISEMENT

EXCLUSIVE: A few quotes from newly committed 2025 four-star Elijah Thomas | Backstory on commitment

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
Spoke to a source very connected to the 2025 group early this afternoon about some possible movement in the XXV class. The source said, "expect some movement very soon." The source also told OUinsider, "It feels like you're coming down from a game the previous day. There was just so much energy (at Sooners Under the Stars) and it was palpable. You could feel it and so could the other players and parents."

Obviously, I asked who and when the announcement might take place and they pointed me in the right direction.

That obviously led to this stellar quote from the new Sooners commitment, with the four-star OKPreps ATH Elijah Thomas telling OUinsider:
"I felt like it was home. I showed up and I was talking to coach [Emmitt] Jones and his assistant staffer. They asked me when I was ready and I told them how about now? They were shocked, but it's my home, you know? If I always wanted to be there and they want me there, why waste the time? Now, I am going to recruit as many guys as I can to join me."

Thomas says that he and Sooners 2025 QB commit Kevin Sperry know they are the leaders of the class and that they have "more clout" than others due to their rankings to help them with other recruits. Thomas said they are talking nearly daily, adding, "[Kevin Sperry] and I try to speak daily or at least every other day," Sooners new commit told OUinsider. "We are now going to talk about who we want to grab in the '25 class, though I don't have anyone in particular just yet. We want them all, though."

Also, it was a huge surprise to Coach Brent Venables that Thomas committed to Oklahoma. The OKPreps four-star told OUinsider, "He was really, REALLY hyped. I handed him my 'All-In' chip and he gave it back so I could remember the moment I became a Sooners," Thomas told me, "He was just so happy the rest of the time we spoke on the visit. He and the staff treated me and my family so awesome. Just solidified my decision even more."

Sooners new four-star ATH commit says he will be at OU's home opener and will be at as many games as possible from here on out to help recruit other to join the class.

Checotah's season opener is on August 25th at home, so any Sooners fans wanting to get out there can that day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News