ADVERTISEMENT

Every year someone claims OU is saving a few wrinkles, please stop lying

BawlzDeep

OU scholarship offer
Dec 16, 2013
The loss is on the O Line, period. OU hasn't attempted to go off tackle all season, it must be worse than running between the tackles. Texas is a subpar team and will take four or five more losses. There is 0% chance OU will defeat Baylor or TCU and I give them 30% chance in Stillwater.

If KSU plays with a pulse on D, OU will be in a dogfight in the little apple.

OU needs to sign Two All World DLinemen and Two All World OLine in this class. Dump some cash if need be.

Reactions: iasooner1
Good post, but I think you have the wrong message board for your thread title. Nobody here has claimed OU was saving "wrinkles". I read every word posted on this board, and the people here pretty much agree with your O-line assessment. But nobody has talked about holding back plays until we play the Horns.

Cash? lol

Good post, but I think you have the wrong message board for your thread title. Nobody here has claimed OU was saving "wrinkles". I read every word posted on this board, and the people here pretty much agree with your O-line assessment. But nobody has talked about holding back plays until we play the Horns.

Cash? lol

I can't say I've seen it posted on here recently, but I recall hearing from many a Sooner fan; the whole, Bob plays vanilla till we get to the meat of the schedule. I agree that we do this but not to a scale that's costing us games. At least I don't think.

Cash? lol

Well, I certainly did imply it for sure.
Not because I have any team meeting rooms bugged, but only because there have been many precedents set over the years for that phenomenon.

A couple that come to mind...Joe Washington halfback pass to Tinker Owens in 1973,
Uh, oh yeah, Joe Washington, with 2 minutes left for the OU win, quick kicked on 3rd down, pinning the horns deep.
The clock ran out...it's a W.

Last edited:
No doubt you see posts every year about OU either not showing the entire playbook or saving some wrinkles for games they have circled on the calendar.

Well I have a little secret......

ALL TEAMS DO IT!! It's not like OU is doing it as some secret weapon that no other programs/teams can counter. OU has to contend with plays/wrinkles from other teams every single week that they prolly never saw on film preparing for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT