ADVERTISEMENT

Enough is enough

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
People digging up past tweets to try and discredit an individual from years ago is becoming so stupid. What Kyler said at age 14 or 15 and for someone to dig it up likely is pissed that he won the Heisman. Good gracious what the hell ever happened to freedom of speach without someone trying to make you out to be a hater.

Hell my life would be a living nightmare if people remembered the things I said in the 60s and later. No man or person should ever have to apologize for the way they believe no matter how much it offends the snowflakes in this world today. By snowflakes I mean those that are so sensative to ones opinion.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...oma-apology-tweets-CFB-Playoff-126107970/Amp/

Last edited:
Yawn. This is a non-issue. Let it go and move on. I think we should turn our attention to celebrating OU's 7th Heisman Trophy Winner and let the naysayers stew in their miserable lives. This is too good of a thing to let a small group of haters rain on Kyler's parade.

Yawn. This is a non-issue. Let it go and move on. I think we should turn our attention to celebrating OU's 7th Heisman Trophy Winner and let the naysayers stew in their miserable lives. This is too good of a thing to let a small group of haters rain on Kyler's parade.

I agree it just really iritating these days that people have nothing better to do than dig up crap on others from the past. I am sure its safe to say we all have skeletons from our past that really have nothing to do with today.

I disagree with the above. When I was younger, I remember making statements and having attitudes that I know consider disgraceful. Hopefully, we have the decency to apologize and the wisdom to realize that we have had a lot to learn and that there is still more that will be revealed.

I applaud Kyler for taking the correct course. He apologized for something that I think he has grown enough to find unsatisfactory, not in what others thought of him, but in what he thought of himself.

Reactions: Schoonerman
I disagree with the above. When I was younger, I remember making statements and having attitudes that I know consider disgraceful. Hopefully, we have the decency to apologize and the wisdom to realize that we have had a lot to learn and that there is still more that will be revealed.

I applaud Kyler for taking the correct course. He apologized for something that I think he has grown enough to find unsatisfactory, not in what others thought of him, but in what he thought of himself.
I wouldn’t of apologized for all the tea in China for anything I did at fifteen. The people who brought this stuff up owe an apology to Kyler. Is the guy who brought this crap up gonna apologize for jerking off when he was fifteen. Good god.

Just because you consider something "disgraceful" doesn't mean you are the moral authority. Fortunately, this isn't a progressive forum. Here, nobody instructs us on how to feel.

Last edited:
If that's the case, then why even do a public apology? Doing what you think was best all he needed to do with look himself in the mirror and realize he isn't the same person that he was when he was 14 or 15.

I wouldn’t of apologized for all the tea in China for anything I did at fifteen. The people who brought this stuff up owe an apology to Kyler. Is the guy who brought this crap up gonna apologize for jerking off when he was fifteen. Good god.
I agree with this. Not one person alive doesn't have something they did in their teens they look back on and cringe. Having to apologize years later is just asinine. Luckily when I grew up there wasn't any social media to make a permanent online record of it for people to look up years and years later.

Most of these people complaining about it have no trouble talking about others and their views. Maybe it is against Murray's religion, maybe he was hit on by a guy once who knows? Only thing I know is I don't care what they think. Boo hoo someone does not like you, grow up and realize others have opinions and views and most times they will not agree with you or yours.

Lesson learned. Well Kyler is a Heisman now. What he says, tweets, repeats, discusses, and even thinks out loud will be scrutinized. He lives in a different arena now.

This is the problem with society today. Everyone who is someone seems to have that one person trying to find dirt on them via social media post in the past. I understand the point that Sybarite is making but does anyone remotely think if Kyler was just your average Joe that what he said at 14 or 15 would ever be brought up? It was just someone pissed off at the world or mad that the guy they wanted to win the trophy didnt.

Social media is good at trying to destroy people from what was said 10-15 years ago. What they thought then may not be the way they think now and bottom line is people are so damn sensative today about almost anything that doesnt agree with there line of thinking.

This is the problem with society today. Everyone who is someone seems to have that one person trying to find dirt on them via social media post in the past. I understand the point that Syberite is making but does anyone remotely think if Kyler was just your average Joe that what he said at 14 or 15 would ever be brought up? It was just someone pissed off at the world or mad that the guy they wanted to win the trophy didnt.

Social media is good at trying to destroy people from what was said 10-15 years ago. What they thought then may not be the way they think now and bottom line is people are so damn sensative today about almost anything that doesnt agree with there line of thinking.

They don't want people to have their own opinions, you must think like they do and accept their views and beliefs or be attacked. Your beliefs and values don't matter to them. Go to youtube and post an opinion about anything you see on there and I mean anything and you will be attacked verbally for having that opinion. Look at the way the media treats people that do not agree with their agenda and even the way they attack our President DAILY, that crap trickles down into everyday life and has become the norm.

I think less of the scumbag that dug that old crap up than I do Murray for tweeting it. Someone should dig up his past and let everyone judge him.
Just a loser with an agenda.

Last edited:
The public seems to be responding well to Kyler. They don't seem to be buying into the journalist's article. They want to let it go.
i noticed that too in the comments sections i read in the articles about the "controversy". people are generally (i'd say 95%) saying give me a break. you're diggin up dirt on a jr high kid? move on. nothing to see here. As a side note...actually may help KM, in that folks apparently taking his side AGAINST the snowflakes. tired of it basically.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT