ADVERTISEMENT

Early enrollees so far (January) and recruiting tidbits.....

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
Offense:
TE Stogner
WR Bridges
WR Wease
OL Felix (JUCO)

Defense:
DB Morris
LB Perkins
DL Green
OU leads for 4-star safety Jeremiah Cridell, 5'11" 188 lbs from California.
OU closing in on JUCO DL LaRon Stokes, 6'4" 250 lbs from NEO.

Last edited:
Last I read in June was that there's a good chance of an early enrollment for Rattler, but that's all I know at this time.
Has anyone here heard an update ?

Reactions: kcstorm06
Last I read in June was that there's a good chance of an early enrollment for Rattler, but that's all I know at this time.
Has anyone here heard an update ?
I heard he will sign on 19 December but not enroll early at OU. Riley will reportedly give him the OU playbook to study. He has a 3.8 GPA so grades are not holding him unless he lacked credits to graduate. I know he took summer classes this year with a view of graduating early and starting at OU. I think his status is unknown at present.

Really underwhelmed with the DT recruiting - our only commit is the #37 ranked HS player...in the state of NC. I get that the large Wichita DE is a spin-down candidate, but until we get stud nose-guard types that can disrupt the center of the OL that will continue to be what separates us from Clemson and Bama.

Ironically Rivals had our 2017 DTs ranked as a group higher than either Clemson or Bama at #9 last year: https://n.rivals.com/news/national-signing-day-by-position-top-dt-classes

Any word on how Jordan Kelly and Michael Thompson are progressing? I get true frosh need to hit the weights, but hopefully either is the answer at the point of attack.

We do have a lot of seasoned DL returning: Gallimore, Faamatu, Lott, Mann, Bledsoe, Perkins, and Redmond. And I like our lone(!) LB 2018 commit - reminds me of Striker for pass rushing downs. The talent seems there - just hire someone to put it together already.

Last edited:
Really underwhelmed with the DT recruiting - our only commit is the #37 ranked HS player...in the state of NC. I get that the large Wichita DE is a spin-down candidate, but until we get stud nose-guard types that can disrupt the center of the OL that will continue to be what separates us from Clemson and Bama.

Ironically Rivals had our 2017 DTs ranked as a group higher than either Clemson or Bama at #9 last year: https://n.rivals.com/news/national-signing-day-by-position-top-dt-classes

Any word on how Jordan Kelly and Michael Thompson are progressing? I get true frosh need to hit the weights, but hopefully either is the answer at the point of attack.

We do have a lot of seasoned DL returning: Gallimore, Faamatu, Lott, Mann, Bledsoe, Perkins, and Redmond. And I like our lone(!) LB 2018 commit - reminds me of Striker for pass rushing downs. The talent seems there - just hire someone to put it together already.
Georgia wanted Green.

Reactions: bullmarket
We may get updates on DT's Kelley (not Kelly) and Thompson.
By next September, I'd like to hear how LB's Draper, White, Bonitto and Terry are developing and DE's Tatum, Thomas and Daley are doing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT