Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
It was brought to our attention, with you all posting things, that another site reported Sooners DL Jacob Lacey would be out for the year.

There has been buzz on that since earlier this week, but due to the sensitive nature of the situation we chose to hold off on it. Another reason is because the final decision, at least according to what I have been told, and as of 5 min before this write up, hasn’t been made just yet.

Source told OUinsider, “There are some blood tests being ran on Lacey that will eventually be the determining factor in whether he has to miss significant time or not,” the source noted. “The hope is that things come back okay, but you worry about this type of stuff because this is the kids dream and he has been a great addition to the program since his arrival.”

I’ll add this: If what I’m told is fact, it’s a tough situation for the Sooners DL and you, me and everyone have hopes it can be remedied quickly (think along the lines of a Jalen Redmond type of deal).

That said, Oklahoma has their eye on a transfer DL or two, I’m told. Working on exact names and hope to have more once I get those confirmed.

Nonetheless, I know OU fans will have their prayers, good thoughts and fingers crossed for Lacey as he awaits those final decisions on things. Right now, OU remains hopeful but also is very aware that things aren’t trending well for Lacey and him participating for a portion, if not all of 2023. Again, it will all be determined on severity and how the tests turn out when talking about if or how long he might miss this season.

One thing everyone can agree on, though, is that he needs to focus on being 100% before worrying about contributing this season.

We will update you all as we get more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News