ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Spring game visit note on 4-star safety Omarion Robinson | Sooners’ staffers out on the road (Monday 2:10 PM)

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
*** I’ll start with four-star safety Omarion Robinson.

Am working on getting Robinson on the phone, but what I was told was that OU really impressed his family a lot. The Sooners are still viewed as the team to beat, but this one is very much going to an NIL type of recruitment.

But before people say that’s not good for OU, I’ll say that the Sooners haven’t even talked that much about it with Robinson or his camp just yet. The info I have gotten so far suggests that Oklahoma is going to make sure they Robinson in for the ChampU BBQ weekend June 21-23 and then make their final swing.

Georgia and Oregon are the other two programs vying for position in Robinson’s recruitment, but I’m told OU feels strongly about their standing with Robinson while also being keenly aware that they have a lot of work to do to make sure they stay in that spot.

Robinson is one that we will be watching and updating you all on over the next month or two. Could get interesting as we draw closer to decision time.

*** Quick update as we gather where the Sooners’ staffers are at today, but I’m told OU will be in Tulsa metro, Houston and Arkansas over the next few days.

Sources say stops at Jenks, Owasso, Bixby and more are set to happen today. Also told that OU will be by to see four-star DE Max Granville in the next few days and five-star safety Jonah Williams.

Will get more specifics and update you all soon, but wanted you all to hear what I knew early on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News