ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Sooners making a surprise run at Rivals Top 50 overall player/OL, Jordan Seaton?

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
I spoke with 2024 soon-to-be 5-star OL Jordan Seaton at IMG Academy media day and he told me that he was setting up an official with the Sooners. And yeah, that shocked me quite a bit.

The conversation started with me asking what happened between him and OU. Seaton slyly smiled at me and said, “Funny you ask that because I was high on them early and actually still am,” the elite OL said. “I spoke with Coach [Bill] Bedenbaugh last night, actually. He and I are working on setting up dates for my official. Should be sometime this September or October. Most likely September 30th from what we have been talking about though.”

Seaton also said that he should have things finalized sometime in the next 24hrs, with teams like South Carolina (who I see as the leader), Florida, LSU, Ohio
State and Oregon also likely getting OV’s. Gamecocks should be getting the last visit.

With OU, there is a lot of work to do there but Seaton is from DMV, originally, so that means he is fully aware of several DMV OL and former Sooners that have been successful and made the NFL. That is a pitch OU has leaned on heavily, I’m told.

Lastly, this also feels very NIL driven, according to what a few sources tell me. So if the Sooners and Bill Bedenbaugh want to be finalists, I can tell you that most feel OU and their collectives will have to continue opening up their pocketbooks. But having OU getting an official is far closer than most, including me, felt they were, so stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.