DrummBeat: Saturday morning buzz on OKPreps DL

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

Not hearing good things on four-star DL XaDavien Sims. Things that were being said to OU even yesterday seemed to be changing, and it’s gone from a toss-up to being more definitive in the Ducks direction, according to sources.

I’m not gonna change my Future Cast, and I’ll take the L there, but wanted you all aware that I’m not hearing good things from the OU side like we had been. The confidence shifted really quick and aligned with all the Oregon smoke we all have heard over the last 48 hrs or so.

Nonetheless, and either way it goes, over the next 24 hrs I’ll give you guys exactly what I have heard from both sides and how weird this thing has been to where it seemed like a 50/50 deal the last 24 hrs or so. The shift in the last seven days has been extreme.

Again, I just don’t like what I’m hearing. I told you all I would continue to dig around as much as I could and I did so, only to come up with not so good news for you all this morning.

I’m told a final decision was made late-late last night and that it’s starting to trickle out more and more to those that are involved. So, think this is my final update.

Again, Parker and I are willing to take the heat for this if it goes the other way like I’m starting to hear. We thought about switching our FC’s Thursday evening and decided not to because it looked like we were just following the masses, and it was a back-and-forth deal at that time — or at least from what we are had been told. Even was told that OU was being told pretty adamantly that it was still them in the catbirds seat. So, we stuck it out like I told you all we would, regardless of the final outcome.

Still, we deserve some lashings for being wrong, if this plays out like I was told this morning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News