ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Quick update on Hatchett’s visit to OU (Sun 4:45 pm)

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
*** UW transfer OL Geirean Hatchett reached out to me after his visit with the Sooners and said that it was over and he was headed back to Seattle.

What I can also add is that Hatchett told me the visit was “really good” and the transfer OL also added, “I had a great time.”

Sources say it was a very good visit as well. That said, no commitment was made, with Hatchett adding, “No plans for another visit yet. Still deciding what to do next.”

Another part to this is the fact I have been hearing that staying with UW is still in play and makes sense with Hatchett being from Washington and growing up there. Even so, there is some confidence that the Sooners can add Hatchett, but I did want to make sure you all know there is other options for him, including staying with the Huskies.

*** I’ll have more later on but this is the initial update I have on the Hatchett situation. Things should move rather quickly with OU’s add/drop period ending later this week, I believe. From what I see on the OU academic website, it looks like additions end on Jan 29th.

*** Again, more coming on this but seems OU is in a good spot but Hatchett and his family are going to meet and discuss things before finalizing what’s next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.