ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting DrummBeat: Quick note on 2026 Rivals100 QB commit Jaden O’Neal

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
Just wanted to update you all on Sooners four-star QB commit Jaden O’Neal.

He’s been in Norman since Wednesday night and plans on staying until Saturday evening, according to his Dad, Jerren O’Neal. If that doesn’t show locked in with OU…

As far as the event/camp went, O’Neal was the ONLY QB on hand for Sooners Under the Stars. That meant he spent a good amount of time building up an on-field rapport with all of the Sooners’ targets.

During O’Neal’s time in Norman, he made a point to really work with 4-star RB commit Jonathan Hatton and 3-star TE commit Ryder Mix. I’m told both showed out and really made a solid impression on O’Neal. I’m also told that Mix is “the real deal.” Almost everyone I have spoken with says that Mix was “uncoverable” and that he has a chance to be “special.” Very solid eval by Joe Jon Finley there.

As originally noted, O’Neal really put on his recruiting hat this weekend and, of course, made a big impression with potential 5-star DL Deuce Geralds (as noted in my pinned note) and with potential 5-star DB Brandon Arrington.

A source that I spoke with says O’Neal and Arrington “hit it off and really started to build a strong bond.” The source even added that Ryder Mix played a role there, too. Working on finding out more on Arrington and his visit, but I am told Jay Valai has been putting in work. Could there be a return for Arrington during the season? Something we hope to have more on soon.

Finally, O’Neal’s personality has been big as the Sooners look to start really pressing for their 2026 targets, so I wanted to make sure I got a note up on how things went with the 4-star and Rivals100 QB on-hand for the Sooners Under the Stars.

*** As always, more to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.