ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Note on SFA transfer DT Brandon Lane and Oklahoma | Can OU beat out others for upcoming visits? (Thurs 4:45 PM)

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
Okay, so I have exchanged texts with the transfer DT Brandon Lane today. He has become a hot name for OU after Jermayne Lole flipped to Texas.

What I can tell you so far is that Lane will be “hopefully visiting OU sometime next week,” the transfer DT told me a this afternoon. However, it’s not that simple. More on that below.

Lane also added, “I am still looking through things, but OU is an option I am learning more about so I hope to visit soon.”

The bigger issue is that he only wants to take two visits and he’s choosing between OU, LSU, USC, Colorado and Minnesota right now.

“I should have that out on social media by tomorrow or Saturday sometime,” Lane said of visit date announcement. “The hold up on visits was because I had graduation so I want to have it lined up and visits started by Sunday. All are trying to get in that spot right now, though.”

Lane is confident and feels he is ready to take that step up in competition, as well as immediately help his next team.

“I am bigger, stronger, more mature, faster and more developed,” Lane said. “I am ready to come into whatever school I choose and compete and help them from day one.”

As far as where things stand with Oklahoma and Coach Todd Bates, I do feel as if OU has a decent chance for the visit to take place, but he is still hearing overtures from multiple programs as of the time of this note.

I will say that Lane did tell me that those two visits will make things over quickly and he hopes to be done with the process in the next 5-7 days.

“Just not wanting to go through all the recruiting this time around.”

Stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News