ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: Note on new OKPreps “offer”

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
If you haven’t seen, 2024 OKC (OK) Casady HS OL/DL Ace Hodges was given an “offer” in the way 2023 RB Chapman McKown last year. Oklahoma found ways to help on that front with academics, etc. I expect the same with Hodges.

Basically, it’s an offer but won’t count against the numbers.

*** So how did this all come about? Well, as luck would have it, his sister plays with Venables’ daughters on an AAU basketball team, I’m told. Venables liked what he saw on film, and when you compound that with his performance at the Sooners’ camp this past summer, you get the “offer.”

*** Hodges isn’t going to wow a lot people with measurables, but he is sound in his technique and also plays with a nasty streak.

His “offer,” much like McKown’s last year, is in the same idea where the Sooners build a strong instate PWO and walk-on system to help take the program to another level. A strong system like that in place helps the Sooners with scout team and potentially on-field play when they hit on those types.

*** I’ll try and get out to see Hodges in the next week or so and get even more of a take on where I see him fitting moving forward.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News