ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: News on DE Laine Jenkins | OU moving on from DE commitment?

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
Want to see how wild recruiting is? Look no further than this week as a whole and the recruiting of JUCO DE Laine Jenkins. He was once considered a commit, but I can tell you that isn’t the case, and it’s OU’s doing.

Let me explain:

I told you all in my original update (right before he committed) that Illinois was trying to do all they could to sway the former IllinoisPreps star.

There was more to it, as you can imagine, but nonetheless the persistence of the Illini has created more of a mess than OU is willing to deal with for a JUCO product.

Sources have confirmed to me that the Sooners have pulled themselves out of that recruitment and freed up Jenkins to pursue whatever he wants.

A source added, “Two days ago, and once (OU) found out Jenkins was taking a visit this weekend, (the Sooners) pulled out of the recruitment of him and moved on.”

So, as of now, I don’t think the Sooners are willing to do much more on the JUCO project, even with Jenkins’ upside being what it is. Oklahoma didn’t feel like the pain was worth the gain in the end.

On another note, I have my Friday recruiting round up coming later tonight. It will have further info on Sims, LB notes and more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News