ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: A follow to multiple other notes posted today on 5-star DE

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
Just a quick note on a few things, but I have been told from several sources that OU still feels good about things regarding five-star DE Williams Nwaneri.

I spoke to a source today that told me, “(OU) feels really good about things, but there is also this fact of not being able to control things. You can’t press and if you do it could backfire, so letting this one play out a bit is a good idea for (the Sooners),” the source said. “Still,(Oklahoma) has stayed in constant contact with Nwaneri and I know (they) plan on being super aggressive to try and close this thing out.”

It’s obvious that UGA has some OU staffers cautious right now and rightfully so. Others have continued to remain confident in the Sooners’ chances. The thought has always been that OU has connections, relationships, location and culture working in their favor. That has been a constant in Nwaneri’s recruitment.

Because of that, the confidence has yet to wane on the Sooners’ side of things — even after the trip to Athens.

I’m not one say they should be more cautious, but I also think that anytime the two-time defending national champs are involved, you have to slow down the confidence a bit. I didn’t get that from what I had been told today and to be honest, it was a bit surprising.

Not sure how to take that, but as we find out more we will continue to update you all — good or bad.

For more in-depth info on Nwaneri, please go to these two links:

My earlier update:
Parker’s in-depth notes from sources close to Nwaneri:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News