Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
UPDATE 8:15 pm Tuesday

Just another piece of information on the five-star DL David Stone front:

I’m told Stone is expected back in Norman for another visit on June 8th. It’s not 100% lined up, but he and OU have tentatively set that date up as a potential unofficial leading up to ChampU BBQ on June 16th.

Hope to have more on Patterson-McDonald, Stone and their visit to Oklahoma soon. The visit is slated to start around 8:30 pm tonight and go from there.

Stay tuned.

UPDATE 6:45 pm Tuesday

So, I spoke to 2024 five-star DL David Stone for a few minutes here at WestMoore and he told me the visit was “tonight” to Oklahoma and added, “Me and Mykel [Patterson-McDonald] headed there to hang with Coach Bates and Coach V. Just chillin’ and hanging out.”

Stone just arrived back in OKC this morning and said, “It’s been a blur, bro. For real. Just glad to be back for a bit.”

I was told earlier this week that Coach Bates would be leaving Wednesday to take care of family stuff back home and attend the funeral for his late father, so them visiting tonight makes a lot of sense and another good sign for OU in regards to Stone and Patterson-McDonald.

Okay, so Parker and I are supposed to see 2024 five-star DL David Stone tonight at WestMoore scrimmage and also talk with safety offer Mykel Patterson-Mcdonald, but sources have told me that Stone will be at OU for an unofficial visit on Thursday.

Obviously, we will work to get Stone to confirm that tonight 100%, but did want to pass that along to you all that OU is expecting to have Stone on campus this week and that things still seem to feel like it's moving in a positive direction with Oklahoma and the five-star DL.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News