ADVERTISEMENT

DrummBeat: 2026 four-star safety note

Brandon Drumm

Co-Publisher OUinsider.com
Staff
Apr 28, 2023
Mustang (OK)
ouinsider.com
In Rivals meetings the last day and a half, but have been getting some phone calls from sources and wanted to pass along some news I’m hearing. Also, I have notes that I’m 3/4 done with and working to get out today to you on a bunch of big-name 2025 and 2026 targets. They are the ones I have promised. Smite me on that because I deserve it. I sincerely apologize for the delay.

That said, I’m hearing strong buzz that 2026 four-star safety Markel Ford is leaning heavily towards A&M and that a commitment or announcement is potentially coming soon (could be this week, but nothing confirmed).

Now, that being the case, I’d also not get too up and arms over that with him also telling OU that he will still visit the Sooners on July 25th for the Sooners Under the Stars. OU has been big in his recruitment so far, so that is a bit intriguing.

As for why A&M this early? Source told OUinsider that Ford “loves that staff and his mom fell in love with A&M.”

Again, this one is far from a done deal. 2026 NSD is 18 months away, and as long as Ford still takes visits, things will remain open.

More on this when I get it, but I did want to update you first.

**** More pertinent 2025 notes coming that I have promised. Working in notes and typing when we get free. So stay tuned.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News