ADVERTISEMENT

DG gone

Drake Stoops will probably make more in NIL money than he will ever see in the NFL. That's probably a really crappy opinion, but it's what I think.

Drake probably worked his way into being drafted. He's one of the better route runners in college ball and catches pretty much everything thrown his way. Somebody will take a chance on him and in the right offense, who knows.

Drake Stoops probably made more in NIL money than he will ever see in the NFL. That's probably a really crappy opinion, but it's what I think. That was probably Stoops's only option.
Drake drastically improved his draft stock by staying another yr, All Big 12 and what, over 700 yds rec and led the team in rec td's, would have to look up the stats. Anyway had he not returned he wouldn't have gotten drafted. By coming back for his 5th yr he at least got to play more football even if he had a bad season and still may not get drafted after a great season, he just wanted to play I believe. A lot of guys never play again after College and for a lot of them a big part of their life is gone.
NIL money, his Dad is BGBS, he got plenty o money. 🤣

Last edited:
Drake probably worked his way into being drafted. He's one of the better route runners in college ball and catches pretty much everything thrown his way. Somebody will take a chance on him and in the right offense, who knows.
I've been saying that about Drake since day 1. He's definitely not the most athletic person on the team but he could follow simple instructions, run great routes and make great catches. One of my favorites!

There is only one reason why he is in the portal....money. Kids today have absolutely no loyalty
Agree.
Too many players want to go to the highest bidder and a school’s football legacy means zero.
So the all about me attitude, the CFP increasing to 12 teams (which diminishes the importance of the regular season) and the NIL ruling removes any status of CFB being an amateur sport and only being a semipro sport.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed on the sidelines is that Arnold looked up to DG (always excitedly congratulated him on a good play) and they were quite close. All of the above may have gone into DG leaving, but part of it is he knows a 5* doesn't sit for 2 years. Not anymore. Besides the obviou$ money, I truly think he felt he was doing us a favor. He never said one negative thing about OU. Best to him....and now JA gets 12 practices with the 1s.

Agree.
Too many players want to go to the highest bidder and a school’s football legacy means zero.
So the all about me attitude, the CFP increasing to 12 teams (which diminishes the importance of the regular season) and the NIL ruling removes any status of CFB being an amateur sport and only being a semipro sport.
I dont think the 12 team playoff diminshes the playoff at all. If anyone or anything diminishes it, it is the human 13 man committee who are more concerned with matchups and ( Conferences or money ) than actually putting teams in that earned there path on the field.

Get rid of the human factor and put a system in that actually rewards teams without bias. The committee moves the goal post all over the place depending on what gets them what they want. OU being left out of a NY6 for the two SEC and B10 teams is a perfect example of that hypocrisy. SMU also has a legit gripe vs Liberty who played absolutely nobody.

Just because we went from to 1 to 2 then 4 and now 12 doesnt change the fact its a very flawed system allowing humans to decide it

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax0221
I dont think the 12 team playoff diminshes the playoff at all. If anyone or anything diminishes it, it is the human 13 man committee who are more concerned with matchups and ( Conferences or money ) than actually putting teams in that earned there path on the field.

Get rid of the human factor and put a system in that actually rewards teams without bias. The committee moves the goal post all over the place depending on what gets them what they want. OU being left out of a NY6 for the two SEC and B10 teams is a perfect example of that hypocrisy. SMU also has a legit gripe vs Liberty who played absolutely nobody.

Just because we went from to 1 to 2 then 4 and now 12 doesnt change the fact its a very flawed system allowing humans to decide it
How would you eliminate the human factor?

How would you eliminate the human factor?
Its realy an easy fix. Create a new different league between the haves and haves not. Lets face it there are only a handfull of teams with a real chance every season. Create 8 division with 8-10 teams each and divisional winners play in the playoffs. Someone else pointed out taking out scheduling out of each schools hands and let a scheduler schedule OOC games. Play everyone in your conference.

Make all divisions regional. That would be my fix

Last edited:
Reactions: loopafied68
BTW this guy gets it below

You ask the question as if "there is some mechanical, objective way to determine best." There is not. So, my answer I want "the most deserving." Why, you ask? My answer because THEY EARNED IT. That is what sports is about. Earning it. There have been many, many, many times over the years where "the best team or better team" did not get awarded something because they did not earn it on the field. It might have been misfortune, a bad bounce, bad weather, bad officiating etc.

They didn't earn it, so they don't deserve it, regardless of whether someone thinks they are the best or better. If there was a way to measure the best with some kind of computer, even then I wouldn't pick that team if they did not earn it on the field.

You can say all day long, PICK THE BEST, PICK THE BEST, PICK THE BEST. But, guess what, those picking can and do make mistakes. How many people were picking Oregon to beat Washington and Bo Nix to waltz in for the Heisman? The answer: A lot and many of them were the same types of people on the committee.

The reality is that these people thought Oregon was better and Oregon would beat Washington. Now, maybe, Oregon is "better" by some sort of metric. However, they did not earn the title of better because they lost on the field, misfortune, bad bounces, bad officiating or just plain getting beat by a superior team.

It is a cop out to say "four best teams" because that is what we play the games for. I will say it again: If some prognosticators can actually pick out the four best teams that would always win the games, then why not just let them pick, save playing most of the regular season games to avoid injuries and then have the playoff with the selected teams.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY

I stated a 12 team playoff diminishes the REGULAR SEASON.
I like a six team playoff.

I stated a 12 team playoff diminishes the REGULAR SEASON.
I like a six team playoff.
I just disagree. 6 team playoff solves nothing as long as you allow humans to select those teams based on opinions. Your a little older than I am as is Plaino and Oklabama. Maybe a few others but we are all 60 plus. However if a playoff had existed from the beginning we all know OU may have more NC or even less than they do now. Being named the NC isnt the same as earning it in a true playoff fashion

I guess NFL teams that make the playoffs shouldnt be allowed if they have injuries.

I just disagree. 6 team playoff solves nothing as long as you allow humans to select those teams based on opinions. Your a little older than I am as is Plaino and Oklabama. Maybe a few others but we are all 60 plus. However if a playoff had existed from the beginning we all know OU may have more NC or even less than they do now. Being named the NC isnt the same as earning it in a true playoff fashion

I guess NFL teams that make the playoffs shouldnt be allowed if they have injuries.
👍

If he stays at OU he would be the starter next season. Venables would be a fool to start an unknown over a him. He just wouldn’t play the entire game like he did this year.
Arnold was told that after spending one year backing up Gabriel, he would be the starting QB. Do you not think that Arnold would not transfer if he would be told now that OU would continue starting Gabriel next year. For OU to do that now would be ridiculous, and going back on their word. How do you think that OU was able to sign the number one H S QB in the nation.

A six game CFP would prevent what happened to Florida State from ever happening.
I’ll always believe that the regular 12-game season should matter more, leaving teams a small margin for error. The more teams qualify for a 12 team playoff, the less meaningful their regular season matters.

Seminoles got jobbed ct. What if it was the Sooners that got tossed by the committee because of injury? Say Dillon gets injured, and Jackson steps in to save the day? See where I'm coming from? The beauty of the game shouldn't be set by a committee.

Seminoles got jobbed ct. What if it was the Sooners that got tossed by the committee because of injury? Say Dillon gets injured, and Jackson steps in to save the day? See where I'm coming from? The beauty of the game shouldn't be set by a committ

A six game CFP would prevent what happened to Florida State from ever happening.
I’ll always believe that the regular 12-game season should matter more, leaving teams a small margin for error. The more teams qualify for a 12 team playoff, the less meaningful their regular season matters.
I would be okay with a 6 team as long as it was conf champs only. However they have dug themselves in a corner by also allowing a G5 NY6 auto bid to this and that would also have to apply to the playoffs if its 6. Now with only 4 P5 conf it would be a 4-1-1 system with that last spot being a WC from the committee. I am all for G5 getting a shot but only if the committee or some system actually ranks them as one of the top 12 teams like TCU, Cincinnati, BYU was in the past.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
If you watched Michigan dismantle Iowa last Saturday night you saw an Iowa offensive offense, ranked 130th in FCS and they won the b1g West by 2 games. Based on Defense and special teams alone. They were shut out by the only two ranked teams they played this season (Penn St & Michigan) and were jobbed in a crazy play with about 2 minutes left at home against Minnesota (see Cooper DeJean punt return for 6 that the stripes took off the board). I loved it a little too much and then we had our hearts broken in the stool. And yet they were awarded the Citrus Bowl on 1/1/24 vs Tennessee.
I would love to have seen what OU would have done to them in a bowl

FYI DG on JA
"I believe in him," Gabriel said of Arnold. "I believe in him. I love Jackson and our relationship. That's something that, you know, I don't think is highlighted enough. We're really close, and he's been nothing but good to me in terms of helping me and trying to be the most helpful he can on the sidelines as well as in the meeting rooms or on the practice field… Jackson's ready. He's mature. He's played a bunch of football, and I think that's only going to set him up for success. I'm excited for him. He deserves it, and he's built for it."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT