ADVERTISEMENT

DG gone

Someone help me understand how transferring is going to be in his favor. Whats the point? He is starting QB for one of the best programs in the country and now he wants to leave for 1 year for what? I really think the NCAA should impose some sort of penalty for these kids that transfer all the time....sitting out a year would be a great start

Reactions: Oklabama
Someone help me understand how transferring is going to be in his favor. Whats the point? He is starting QB for one of the best programs in the country and now he wants to leave for 1 year for what? I really think the NCAA should impose some sort of penalty for these kids that transfer all the time....sitting out a year would be a great start
Very good point. Only if he goes with Lebby otherwise It makes him look as though he’s concerned about the competition.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Maybe he feels like he's getting pushed out.

If he stays at OU he would be the starter next season. Venables would be a fool to start an unknown over a him. He just wouldn’t play the entire game like he did this year.
That's what I was thinking. So, why do you think he's leaving? JA will be a first rounder even though he's not going to spend 6 years in college football.

If he stays at OU he would be the starter next season. Venables would be a fool to start an unknown over a him. He just wouldn’t play the entire game like he did this year.

Could be many things in play. Maybe he didn't want to have the OU fanbase turn on him like they did in the Rattler/Williams saga back in 2020. You can almost see it coming. Guy struggles a few times early in 2024, and the fans start chanting "We want Jackson! We want Jackson!"

I believe the coaches told him he was going to have to compete and earn the job if he stayed. I'm sure it was a mutual parting.

I think he is leaving because all Season long fans all over Social Media ( a few here as well) have been calling for JA to start especially after we lost to Kansas. Wouldn't want to stay where I wasn't wanted.
Lebby needs a QB so he may end up there but who knows, I wish him nothing but the best.

It's what graduate transfers do. Love his game, kids got it all. Personally, I think Dillon needs to put his name in the draft hat.

I think he is leaving because all Season long fans all over Social Media ( a few here as well) have been calling for JA to start especially after we lost to Kansas. Wouldn't want to stay where I wasn't wanted.
Lebby needs a QB so he may end up there but who knows, I wish him nothing but the best.
You really believe social media was his deciding factor? That's pretty weak of him if that's true. I think he just wants to start?

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
You really believe social media was his deciding factor? That's pretty weak of him if that's true. I think he just wants to start?
Not sure that was the entire reason but I wouldn't doubt it played a role, a lot of people have been brutal about wanting him gone. So yeah I think it was part of him deciding to leave.
No doubt he wants to play and improve his draft stock and to do that he felt he needs to transfer.

Dillon's best bet is to declare for the draft. It's now or never for him. Imo. It's his time. I have all the confidence in him.

Dillon's best bet is to declare for the draft. It's now or never for him. Imo. It's his time. I have all the confidence in him.
I can't see him raising his draft stock any by coming back to OU or any other college team. I guess he is figuring he better get as much as he can right now cause he may not be playing in the NFL

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I can't see him raising his draft stock any by coming back to OU or any other college team. I guess he is figuring he better get as much as he can right now cause he may not be playing in the NFL
Yep, another year in CFB ain't gonna help him. His time is now. He would be wise to declare. But who am I?

Some of yall have lost the plot. Gabriel was always leaving after this season. DG, Arnold and even Venables all but said '23 is Gabriel's then he was passing the torch to Arnold. A very humble move from an amazing young man.

Personally I think he needs to make his move to the NFL now, and he still may, but why not test the portal and see what the offer is.

This isn't about money. And it's the best for all parties. I'm forever grateful for Dillon stabilizing OU in a tough transition. He had an amazing year.

The bar is getting set really high. Average to solid players are going to either have to accept back up roles or hit the portal. We'll make some more portal moves again for depth or stability but as Brent gets his guys in We'll be using the portal less and less.

Would have to ask him. Drake Stoops coming back this past season for his what 5th yr helped him, maybe DG is thinking the same thing.
Drake Stoops probably made more in NIL money than he will ever see in the NFL. That's probably a really crappy opinion, but it's what I think. That was probably Stoops's only option.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT