ADVERTISEMENT

DeSantis Florida mandated to teach students that Black people "personally benefited" from slavery because it taught them skills.

Below is the copy and paste of the actual quote

The new standards require instruction for middle school students to include “how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit,” a document listing the standards and posted in the Florida Department of Education website said.

You've twisted the quote. If you're going to continue to bring divisive politically charged stories to a sports website, please at least stick to the quotes as is

Slavery was horrible. Sadly, it was common throughout the world then and still exists today. While I'm not sure I would include this in the core standard, it is true. Many of the slaves did engage in a trade they learned as slaves (e.g. blacksmith) and the majority became farmers during the reconstruction.

Below is the copy and paste of the actual quote

The new standards require instruction for middle school students to include “how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit,” a document listing the standards and posted in the Florida Department of Education website said.

You've twisted the quote. If you're going to continue to bring divisive politically charged stories to a sports website, please at least stick to the quotes as is

Honestly, if you think that quote is is all we should know about slavery of black people, you're the one who is twisting historical fact. There is no way anyone can justify enslaving any human being. The evils that characterized slavery far outweigh acquiring skills. Sorry, you and DeSantis are way off on this one. There's absolutely no justification for slavery and the havoc it wrecked on black people to this day.

What about all the sex slaves that have come across the *border* starting in January 20 ?
You’re supposedly a chick, how do you square that circle ma’am ?

You certainly must know that the first slave owner in the colonies was a ‘person of color’ ?!

Reactions: davet61091
Honestly, if you think that quote is is all we should know about slavery of black people, you're the one who is twisting historical fact. There is no way anyone can justify enslaving any human being. The evils that characterized slavery far outweigh acquiring skills. Sorry, you and DeSantis are way off on this one. There's absolutely no justification for slavery and the havoc it wrecked on black people to this day.
where or how did I justify anything? I simply posted the quote as is without putting my own spin on it like you did. I'd love to see where I justified it

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT