ADVERTISEMENT

Dean Blevins

WP76

Sooner starter
Oct 4, 2001
You know the guy has taken a lot of flak over the past couple of decades for many reasons--some legit some not so much but...

as I was watching Lincoln Riley's coaches show (hosted by Blevins) I remember watching the Ohio State game from 1977 and he was one of the unsung heroes of that game. He led the team to the TD that brought us to 28-26 when we absolutely had to get six points..

We missed on the two point conversion but executed the ensuing on-side kick beautifully. IIRC Blevins completed a nice pass to Steve Rhodes that put us into position for VonSchamann's legendary kick.

So, on the 40th year anniversary of that epic game, a tip of the cap to Dean.

You know the guy has taken a lot of flak over the past couple of decades for many reasons--some legit some not so much but...

as I was watching Lincoln Riley's coaches show (hosted by Blevins) I remember watching the Ohio State game from 1977 and he was one of the unsung heroes of that game. He led the team to the TD that brought us to 28-26 when we absolutely had to get six points..

We missed on the two point conversion but executed the ensuing on-side kick beautifully. IIRC Blevins completed a nice pass to Steve Rhodes that put us into position for VonSchamann's legendary kick.

So, on the 40th year anniversary of that epic game, a tip of the cap to Dean.
What a nice post, WP76! Dean IS Much Maligned...Some comments are probably deserved; others, not so much...Perfect recall on the play-by-play...YDRC!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT