ADVERTISEMENT

Daughter's Campus Tour

BudBarry&Bob

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2006
A few weeks ago I posted that I was bringing my daughter out to visit TCU and OU. The trip was only 4 days, but it was literally 4 of the best days of my life. While we toured TCU on Thurs I really held my comments to a minimum. She knows how much I love the Sooners and I didn't want her to choose a school because of me. TCU is what it is. It's not pretty, doesn't have character, was in a very poorly lit neighborhood, and generally overall was just kind of blah. But again, I kept all of that to myself. I asked her what she thought after the tour and she said, "It's ok." Dad was happy. The next day we did a tour of OU, and I have to apologize at this point for the length of this post. 10 minutes into the tour she looked at me and said, "Dad, this is where I want to go." I couldn't stop smiling. I wanted to post a few things directed at all of you guys in Oklahoma.

-I don't understand why a lot of you have an inferiority complex when it comes to your state. We drove around quite a bit and it is absolutely beautiful in a lot of parts. You guys are very fortunate to live where you do with the people that you do. I honestly did not want to leave.

-You Okies are the most genuine people I have ever met in my life. I had NUMEROUS tailgaters offer my daughter and I to pull up a chair and eat with them. Everyone greeted us with a smile and a "Hello, how are you?" This doesn't happen in California. Again, blown away.

-There is nothing I could possibly even begin to compare what you guys have in Norman to anything in California. Nothing! In fact, a lot of the college towns here in Cali, the residents frown upon their students. Norman seemed to embrace everything about that campus and you could feel the pride they had of their school.

Sorry again for the length of the post, but I wanted to let you guys know how amazing everything about our visit was. You guys are the best!

Boomer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.