ADVERTISEMENT

Darren Sproles retires.............

One of the most versatile backs I've ever seen. Punt return. Kick return. Could get to the edge. Could sift his way up the gut. Had butter soft hands to catch check down and safety valve balls out of the backfield. And a SMART player to boot. Hell of a run.

I was at the 2003 CCG in KC. Dude was UNSTOPPABLE. It looked like our guys were frozen and he was a pinball bouncing off and spinning away from would be tacklers. He had 235 yards rushing that day, but felt like he could’ve have 400 easy if they would have given him more carries.

Respect for the man. He had a good career, especially for being “too small” according to the scouts.

One of the worst OU games I've ever experienced first hand. I was in the Anheuser-Busch suite at Arrowhead surrounded by K-State retailers being entertained by AB. They were brutal.

Reactions: iasooner1
One of the worst OU games I've ever experienced first hand. I was in the Anheuser-Busch suite at Arrowhead surrounded by K-State retailers being entertained by AB. They were brutal.
Given K-State's history, it's understandable that their fans would go crazy and hostile in the 2003 Big 12 title game in 2003.
But speaking of Sproles, I remember another "mighty mite" in Mack Herron at KSU....I saw him return a kickoff 100 yars in the 1968 game in Norman, won by OU 35-20 in a heavy rain storm and on a very muddy field.

I remember that game. Sproles had his way that night. And in today’s non BCS world, we wouldn’t be playing LSU.

The Eagles didn't seem to miss him much. The Cowboys did what they seem to do for 20 years. Make just enough mistakes to get beat. Six drops, when their qb can rarely his a receiver .... I can't believe that Garrett has more than one game left to coach, if that. I don't think it's as much his fault, as it is the guy choosing the players. And you won't find a top coach, who will take the job under those circumstances.

Great job by the Eagles' staff, with an acute shortage of players. I loved watching Sproles after he graduated. Not so much before. He is a remarkable athlete.

^^^^Haters gonna hate^^^^

In a thread titled Darren Sproles you somehow managed to once again display your hate of the Cowboys.

^^^^Haters gonna hate^^^^

In a thread titled Darren Sproles you somehow managed to once again display your hate of the Cowboys.
I don't hate the Cowboys. I just despise their owner. It sets up a curious dynamic. I love it when the Cowboys win, because I like the Cowboys. But when they lose, I can enjoy Jerrah's displeasure. It sets up a win win.

He has ruined the great franchise in Dallas. He claims to want to win, but he doesn't behave like that. What he cares about is making money. If the Cowboys being good helps that, then he's for it. But apparently, it's more important to him to get credit for their being good. And that somehow makes them pretty bad.

Jerrah doesn't want a coach who will take command the way Jimmy Johnson did, and oversee all of it. Have the players be responsible to that coach, to encourage team discipline. Jerrah wants them to be responsible to him, undermining his coach. He kept Jason Garrett for a pretty long time, because Jason would submit the way Jerrah wanted it. He gets what he deserves. And Dallas in one of three teams in the NFL who hasn't even made a conference title game since 1995. That would be 23 years ago, once what Jimmy Johnson had built, started to go away.

Jerrah had one coach who was competent. He got to pick the players the first couple of years, but Bill got tired of Jerrah making him take players who weren't Bill's kind of guys. So he left.

Jerrah gets what he deserves. If he signs Dak to some obscene money long term, it will seal the Cowboys' fate for more than decade. And it would appear to be coming. He already overpaid his running back, one of the truly overrated players in the NFL, no matter how good his stats are. He was the second best running back on the field, today. And Dak was the second best quarterback.

Unfortunately, while Jerrah gets what he deserves, Dallas fans don't. Too bad. But Jerrar really doesn't care, because he is rolling in money. And that is ALL he cares about. I'm really glad you support him. You kind of deserve each other.

Reactions: CTOkie
I'm with Plaino on this one. When Jones bought the team and the subsequent personnel moves he made became a reality, I kicked the boys to the curb.

Which is cool. No problem. But Plaino is a 70 year old man that’s been hating vehemently for the last 30 years. That’s not healthy and/ or good. He needs to just move one like you have

That's a lie. But you do that a lot. When Jerrah started pining for credit when Jimmy Johnson was the man, Jerrah forced JJ out and started the decline. He made the Cowboys' about him. He made a ton of money, which was his goal. I hear he's a billionaire. He has been the most interviewed man in the Cowboy organization. He is an arrogant, dishonorable man.

I know a former Cowboy player who's been a home builder in Dallas for decades. Jerrah sought this builder to build a home for one of Jerrah's family members. Then he cheated this former Cowboy player out of a million dollars at closing. That kind of personifies who he is. My dislike for Jerrah didn't start when he fired coach Landry, which even he would admit was handled poorly. He had a right to choose his coach, and he made a great choice. What he did five years later, and then how he screwed all kinds of people in Dallas, and ultimately his team, is why I intensely dislike him.

And I'm not 70 yet.

I think you have this scripted, typed, and ready to copy & paste. The board is subjected to your ‘Jerrah’ posts at least once a year.

Last edited:
Well, the truth is, The Cowboys will never be good under Jerry Jones! He makes more money offa of being a loser than he does winning..as long as he has the Team , then forget it!..Sad isn't it after we grew up watching Landry and Jimmie...

Darren Sproles great player in college as well as the NFL, best of luck to him. Jason Garrett, horrible coach. Jerry Jones is a great owner and not so great GM.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT