ADVERTISEMENT

Damn, I just lost the best neighbor a guy could have............

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
And yeah, he was an OU fan. I would call him bandwagon, but he loved displaying his OU flags, plates and stickers on his truck, then be on his tractor during the RRR telecast.

Eric was always for this guy. He would clean my driveway when it snowed, weed eat my property after I became disabled. Mow, Yep. Go to the store for me. Yep. Chain sawed my tree when it got hit by lightning. Yep. Way to many things Eric did for this neighbor.

Well I found out today Eric committed suicide. I'm in shock! The guy had everything going for him. Apparently he lost his high paying job and was on depression medication. He was only in his 40's.

My wife and his wife just finished a 2 hour cry. RIP Eric.

And yeah, he was an OU fan. I would call him bandwagon, but he loved displaying his OU flags, plates and stickers on his truck, then be on his tractor during the RRR telecast.

Eric was always for this guy. He would clean my driveway when it snowed, weed eat my property after I became disabled. Mow, Yep. Go to the store for me. Yep. Chain sawed my tree when it got hit by lightning. Yep. Way to many things Eric did for this neighbor.

Well I found out today Eric committed suicide. I'm in shock! The guy had everything going for him. Apparently he lost his high paying job and was on depression medication. He was only in his 40's.

Oh God have mercy...only in his forties?

That totally blows chunks.
Sorry, I've been down, I've been out, never that bad.
That sucks.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I have to admit a little secret here.
When I have been in a situation that could drive some to suicide, I've always had the guitar, the music to sustain me to live another day.
I know, I keep beating the drum about the music, but it's true, when all else has let you down, you can pick up that guitar and justify your continued existence.

It's like a lifeboat.

I have to admit a little secret here.
When I have been in a situation that could drive some to suicide, I've always had the guitar, the music to sustain me to live another day.
I know, I keep beating the drum about the music, but it's true, when all else has let you down, you can pick up that guitar and justify your continued existence.

It's like a lifeboat.

Good for you for finding an outlet. I was once extremely depressed myself. I found an outlet by running, not like Forrest Gump, but I pushed myself.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Sad and tragic K2C. Prayers for all those going through a very difficult time.

Another long-time and respected member on this board, one who is my valued friend, is experiencing something similar. Not a suicide but the slow and pending loss of an amazing and long-term friend.

My heart goes out to those experiencing the loss of a loved friend or family member.

God bless.

My Valley is cursed. JJ. I'm going to post a long video. My Valley was once the site of the local KKK. I could go further. My Valley has had 5 known suicides in the thirteen households that make up the valley. My house had one. That's why I got it so cheap...............

Strange things happen in my valley. I pulled a dead kid out of a car on the third bridge shown on this video. I also seen a large orange orb while crossing the same bridge................I know Halloween stuff.......

K2C,

So sorry to hear about your good neighbor taking his life. Sounds like a damned good neighbor and a good-hearted guy. Would have been glad to have known him and I'm sure you'll miss him.

K2C,

So sorry to hear about your good neighbor taking his life. Sounds like a damned good neighbor and a good-hearted guy. Would have been glad to have known him and I'm sure you'll miss him.

Well right now I'm worried about all the leaches approaching his wife with low ball offers on his land, tractor, guns and other. One's a freaking lawyer...get a rope.

My Valley is cursed. JJ. I'm going to post a long video. My Valley was once the site of the local KKK. I could go further. My Valley has had 5 known suicides in the thirteen households that make up the valley. My house had one. That's why I got it so cheap...............

Strange things happen in my valley. I pulled a dead kid out of a car on the third bridge shown on this video. I also seen a large orange orb while crossing the same bridge................I know Halloween stuff.......

Is that your YouTube channel?

Sorry to say but the act of suicide when you have loved ones is so cowardly it's truly sickening. Many are just so quick to feel sorry for themselves instead of sucking it up. Very selfish act and despicable.

Wow so sorry to hear this news. So tragic when people take their own lives. Only in his mid-40s. Dang that is far too young to think things are so bad that a person should resort to an action like this. Dealing with a friend committing suicide is a rough ordeal to handle. It's always left me with an empty feeling of wondering why that person didn't reach out to me. Just an empty and helpless feeling

Reactions: Section22Sooner
K2, I obsess constantly about dying and the effect it would have on my kids to the point where it is unhealthy. I lead a very clean lifestyle all geared toward trying to stay around as long as I can for my family. I just can't possibly fathom taking my life knowing I was leaving behind loved ones with nothing but guilt, grief and anger for the rest of their lives.

Your friend lost his job. What about children that are severely handicapped and never had a fair shake in this world from day one? What about a blind person? Do you think they would give everything to have the ability to see
and lose a job or just remain blind? So many of the disabled just keep trucking forward and become an inspiration except to those that think they have it so rough in this world when they actually have it made in the shade compared to so many others.

Just don't understand it and never will.

Before I met my wife her mother committed suicide …. For those loved ones who are left behind its one of the most long lasting painful things that a parent could ever do to a child.

K2C Sooner I feel bad for your loss. But be there for as long as you can for this guy’s family. They’re going to need help and all the thoughts and prayers they can get.

K2, I obsess constantly about dying and the effect it would have on my kids to the point where it is unhealthy. I lead a very clean lifestyle all geared toward trying to stay around as long as I can for my family. I just can't possibly fathom taking my life knowing I was leaving behind loved ones with nothing but guilt, grief and anger for the rest of their lives.

Your friend lost his job. What about children that are severely handicapped and never had a fair shake in this world from day one? What about a blind person? Do you think they would give everything to have the ability to see
and lose a job or just remain blind? So many of the disabled just keep trucking forward and become an inspiration except to those that think they have it so rough in this world when they actually have it made in the shade compared to so many others.

Just don't understand it and never will.

Well first I didn't get into many details that I was told. My post was just a tribute to one great guy that helped me out. He was kind of a throw back in time type guy where neighbors took care of each other.

I really don't have any major problems with what you wrote, because some of the same things you wrote, I thought the same. I don't believe he was a coward. I think he was sick.
Since you're a horn, here's you a horn fan gif................:eek:

Graceful.gif

Well this is strange......My neighbors wife is burning (yes, we live in the country) all of her deceased clothes and some other things I can't see. The guy had several OU jersey's, business suits, nice work clothes and boots. I wanted to call her and tell her about Goodwill. I just didn't have the heart to intrude............

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend K2

He wasn't what I called a best friend. He was a best neighbor if that makes sense. A throw back from the old days. If I needed him he was always more than willing to help. It went both ways when I was healthy. I helped him move in, took care of his animals when needed, picked up his kids after school at times. His step-children spent the night a few times when they went out of town.

My best friends are on this board and I don't know any of you personally. I really like Gutty. He's funny........HA

He wasn't what I called a best friend. He was a best neighbor if that makes sense. A throw back from the old days. If I needed him he was always more than willing to help. It went both ways when I was healthy. I helped him move in, took care of his animals when needed, picked up his kids after school at times. His step-children spent the night a few times when they went out of town.

My best friends are on this board and I don't know any of you personally. I really like Gutty. He's funny........HA

Oh man! ;)

I'm sorry about your neighbor. I've had a few friends take that way out. A close friend was visiting me, and he was going on about it being selfish. Two months later he took his own life.
I don't think I would judge a person if you you don't know the circumstances.
I know for a fact how powerful major depression becomes. Some will keep it hidden and never ask for help. My brother made me get help.
I never tried to harm myself but I did want to die. I'm not embarrassed to admit this. I think ESPN should make me a hero for coming out.

Sorry K2C. That really stinks. You just wonder what people are going through and thinking at the time they get to that point in their lives. Can you imagine the stress that is going on internally with a decision like that? Tough deal. Prayers to his family and yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT